Hi. I'm very new here and have had my first BB for @ 2 weeks now. I've been scouring CB for tips and it's a great site. So far, I love my Pearl, but do miss the simplicity of my Palm PDA. I'm getting used to it and hope to figure out how to edit .doc and .xls on the BB soon.

However, my question today has to do with receiving MMS messages. I've tried several searches but I'm not finding my specific question. On my prior phone (Moto e815), when I received a message with a picture or .gif and sound, the sound would start immediately upon opening the message. On my Pearl, I see the picture, but there is no sound. Am I missing something. Any ideas? Thanks!
    01-18-08 01:53 AM
    You can check the following:

Go to Profiles (The sound Icon) >> Advanced >> *Click the Applications button to the left of the trackball* >> choose Edit >> go to MMS and make sure it's set to Tone, choose a tone and volume. That should do it.
    01-20-08 02:10 AM
    Or were you meaning the MMS item that was sent has no sound when you open it.

I'm not sure about that one, may be a limitation in the phone. Not sure if it's that
    01-20-08 02:11 AM
    Yes, I mean the MMS item is not playing the sound. I can save the sound as a ringtone though. Thanks anyway. Anyone else?
    01-20-08 02:16 AM
    This seems to be a problem on 4.3 - on all carriers so far, based on what I've heard here and on other forums.

Hopefully this is something that gets fixed soon!
    01-20-08 11:24 AM
    is your phone on vibrate whenyou get the mms?

when mine is on vibrate I have to flop the profile to loud and then play it...

-db
    01-20-08 12:27 PM
    I think they mean that sound attached to the MMS does not play. I had a similar issue on one message. I could see the silly little animation, and only after it was complete and moved on to the next "slide" did the sound play. I was using the .60 OS release at the time; not sure if it's been fixed since, but it doesn't sound like it.
    01-20-08 01:08 PM
    That's it! I usually have my phone on vibrate. That's weird but now that I think about it, I like that feature. Thank you for the help!

is your phone on vibrate whenyou get the mms?

when mine is on vibrate I have to flop the profile to loud and then play it...

-db
    01-20-08 02:54 PM
    i'll just post a small clip from my first comment (go to MMS and make sure it's set to Tone)

yes, winning is everything :P lol!

~Glad you got it figured out however!

01-20-08 03:55 PM
    You can check the following:

Go to Profiles (The sound Icon) >> Advanced >> *Click the Applications button to the left of the trackball* >> choose Edit >> go to MMS and make sure it's set to Tone, choose a tone and volume. That should do it.
    This was SO helpful. I thought I was going crazy!!!
    10-21-08 08:19 AM
    I've tried all of these things, I still have no sound when I play the MMS.
    10-24-08 03:28 PM
    Hello I have an unlocked blackberry storm and for some reason my mms messages that have sound will not play can someone please help me.
    10-26-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD