Right, I've got an 8120 on Orange PAYG as I thought that the �5 a month was well worth it. However I cannot load themes onto the bl**dy thing and have them appear as themes. I've tried using the DM, OTA, updating the DM to 4.5 updating the OS to the latest one on the website, trying different themes from different sites for differing OS versions. They do appear in the applications list and I can view the details there but they do not appear in the Themes list.

Now whilst I was able last night to unlock the other vendors themes (thanks to the excellent advice on this very site - and found one I quite like (Tim), I haven't been able to install a single theme of my own choosing. Does anyone know if this is an Orange PAYG issue & is there anyone out there using Orange PAYG who does/doesn't have this problem.

The Orange shops people were very nice but ultimately clueless after I said I'd tried the steps above. I'm trying to avoid calling tech support so any help appreciated.

Have I missed something obvious?
    03-22-09 03:59 PM
    This is a known issue. Google the fix for it i can't remember the how to exactly.
    03-22-09 04:01 PM
    Fixed!

I was playing around with the permissions before I posted that and then after doing a extensive Google search (where I got zip), did a battery pull. They now work - FAB! Will be playing with these all night.
    Last edited by CapitalLife; 03-22-09 at 05:15 PM.
    03-22-09 05:11 PM
    Make sure themes are made for the operating system your phone is running if not they won't install properly or will cause your berry to act irradicatly!
    03-22-09 06:00 PM
    I have now got everything working perfectly and last night removed the two (nasty in my opinion) Orange themes (orange and white) which were sitting in the themes list unused. So that I just have the original RIM themes and two that I installed so I now have loads (19+Mb) of mem free.
    03-26-09 11:25 AM
    Any links to the fix or further info, I have tried googling with no sucess?

Cheers

Robert
    04-08-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD