Hey all. Last night before going to bed I was sending emails (small pictures) back and forth between my PC and my 8120 using Gmail. I was sending from my PC via Gmail to my blackberry.net address with no problems. I have T-mobile. Yep, I of course of have the BB unlimited plan.

This morning I woke up and tried sending myself another small picture from my PC-Gmail to my blackberry.net address only to have the email bounce back to my Gmail account with the message saying "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table" which confused me. I never had an issue with this.

So I then try composing an email from my Pearl; only to receive the error "No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft." Now I'm confused. Everything else works. I've tried 2 battery pulls with no luck. I also tried following some online guides on how to delete certain service books and regenerate a new encrypted key, but the service book they tell me to delete isn't even there. In fact none of the few that they mentioned were there, but in my list I do have a lot of other service books for just about every other service on the phone.

Again, I touched nothing at all between last night and this morning. The only thing I did do was install BuddyGuard 2 hours earlier and it worked perfectly fine. This was even before I was sending pics back and forth. Should I restore a backup possibly? Oh and I should also mention that I upgraded to OS 187 2 or 3 days ago, but even still, everything was working perfectly fine.

Thanks

Edit: I just tried going to "Manage internet email" on my Pearl, and got the message "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service." and it has a link on the bottom to "Try again"

Edit again: Tried it again and it kept looping and looping with the message "Processing, Please wait" until it finally says there was an error. I'm also connected to Wi-Fi if it helps any.
    Last edited by sageuvagony; 04-07-10 at 12:16 PM.
    04-07-10 12:12 PM
    - Update -

I decided to disable wifi to see if it would make a difference, and noticed that I had "edge" instead of "EDGE" which meant a data problem. Called T-mobile, and was told that my data plan was "mysteriously" disabled on my account and that they would fix the problem right away, and that I should have services restored in 4 to 48 hours. For the troubles, they offered a $20 credit which I kindly accepted. Yay!
    04-07-10 01:13 PM
    Thats funny. That happened to me as well 4 days ago. I didnt download anything that I know of, just E-mails quit workn. I also recieved the same "only can save to drafts" message. I tried re-doing the E-mail setting icon, but it was a failed attempt. Going to contact service provider.
    04-08-10 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD