Software For BlackBerry� Pearl (TM) 8130 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.205 (Multilanguage)

This is from Bluegrass Cellular , but will load to ANY 8130 by following the instructions below.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.205 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.205
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.138
    * Software Platform: 3.4.0.30
    * File name: 8130uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel205_PL3.4.0.30_A4.5.0.138.ex e
    * File size: 87.81MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...821DC88FEA0631

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8130:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.

How to determine if you have an ESN or MEID based device.

From the main menu, select Options, then select Status.
    ESN devices - On the Status screen you will see ESN on the display
    MEID devices � On the Status screen you will see MEID on the display.
    NOTE � You cannot install ESN-based software on a MEID device, nor can you install MEID-based software on an ESN device. They are NOT interchangeable.
    Last edited by blueberry15; 04-27-09 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Change title
    04-27-09 05:44 PM
    Anyone notice any improvements? I'm running .131 through Sprint and wondering if it's worth upgrading.
    04-27-09 06:34 PM
    I upgraded just because! I have to play with it a little to see if there is a difference.
    04-27-09 08:22 PM
    Haven't tried it yet, but I'm downloading it now.

I wonder if this gets rid of the lag when you press a button to turn on the display - that's my only real problem with .131. Otherwise, memory has been much more stable.
    04-27-09 08:28 PM
    once i see some feed back from you guys ill download
    04-27-09 10:00 PM
    I'll keep an eye on this one... I sometimes have complete phone lag on .131. And its not memory issues either. Running a stripped version, and file free is 23+ after reboot. But I'll wait for more feedback before updating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 10:18 PM
    Enjoy folks! It;s legit.
    04-27-09 10:20 PM
    Enjoy folks! It;s legit.
    thanks pk, now just gotta wait for some feedback, noticed a lot of memory leaks with my current .77, downgraded from .131 didnt like that one at all
    04-27-09 10:23 PM
    Enjoy folks! It;s legit.
    Thanks PK! Hope you had fun at the game.
    04-27-09 10:29 PM
    It seems like my signal isn't as good with this version.
    04-28-09 07:59 AM
    Well after almost a full day of use the battery life is still the same. I have no lag, and a slight memory increase (nothing crazy but a slight improvement). So far so good.
    04-28-09 04:29 PM
    what's the difference between 8130m and just plain 8130?

oops nvm I just found out the m means meid lol
    04-28-09 04:43 PM
    Is anyone else getting 'error reading setup initialization file' when trying to run the setup installer? I'm on an up to date install of windows vista 32. Any help is appreciated.
    04-28-09 06:20 PM
    I'll keep an eye on this one... I sometimes have complete phone lag on .131. And its not memory issues either. Running a stripped version, and file free is 23+ after reboot.
    Can you list some of the non-obvious stuff you deleted from the Java folder? is there a safe-to-delete post around here somewhere? I know the basic stuff like vendor themes and VAD, i need more though!
    04-28-09 06:35 PM
    After using this for almost a full day now, I haven't really noticed much difference between this version and .131. I have noticed that I am not experiencing that lag when the phone comes out of sleep mode after being idle which is worth the update in my mind.
    04-28-09 07:01 PM
    once i see some feed back from you guys ill download
    Hahaha, i've always done that...
    04-28-09 07:03 PM
    I'm running Verizon 4.5.0.77. I deleted the Vendor.xml file. When I hit Loader.exe on this new download I'm not offered the option to update the device software, it states that I'm running 4.5.0
    Any ideas how to resolve this?
    04-29-09 12:57 PM
    I'm running Verizon 4.5.0.77. I deleted the Vendor.xml file. When I hit Loader.exe on this new download I'm not offered the option to update the device software, it states that I'm running 4.5.0
    Any ideas how to resolve this?
    Did you delete your old OS from your computer?
    04-29-09 01:45 PM
    I upgraded last night and I noticed a big difference in my file free. So for I like it, especially the media player change. Does anyone know how to delete the sprint navigator and on demand apps? I didnt see the option to not load them when I upgraded and I dont use them and want them gone.
    04-29-09 02:40 PM
    I upgraded last night and I noticed a big difference in my file free. So for I like it, especially the media player change. Does anyone know how to delete the sprint navigator and on demand apps? I didnt see the option to not load them when I upgraded and I dont use them and want them gone.
    Those are pushed to your phone from Sprint. You can delete there respective service books but they will come back. The best thing to do is hide them or put them in a folder like I did.
    04-29-09 03:13 PM
    Ok, but while you mentioned it, what exactly are the service books and what are their purposes?
    04-29-09 03:35 PM
    Ok, but while you mentioned it, what exactly are the service books and what are their purposes?
    This should help you out(link)

Also read this BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    04-29-09 04:51 PM
    After installing this latest release, I noticed that my "About" menu under Options does not open. Has anyone else noticed this, or did the software just not install properly on my phone?
    04-29-09 06:18 PM
    After installing this latest release, I noticed that my "About" menu under Options does not open. Has anyone else noticed this, or did the software just not install properly on my phone?
    I'm getting the exact same problem. I did some tinkering with CrackMem, but this hadn't been a problem for me with the VZW 4.5.0.77 os
    04-29-09 06:38 PM
    I'm getting the exact same problem. I did some tinkering with CrackMem, but this hadn't been a problem for me with the VZW 4.5.0.77 os
    You both deleted the VOD files.
    Restore them and you'll get the About screen back.
    -s
    04-29-09 06:58 PM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD