Did anyone get a new picture folder in device memory that has a lot of those .png files for contacts along with this upgrade OS? How do I get rid of these? Do I need to use CrackMem and check the box next to "remove preloaded pictures"?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 11:24 AM
    I tried this, after I get to the screen that gives me 3 options to change the os, one is to downgrade to my older version, one is to stay at my current version and the last is to install the new version that I want. I set the check mark next to the version I want, and click next, it says no update available on the next screen... how to I get this update to work?

Thanks for any advice!
    Just a guess, Control Panel - Add/Remove programs: Device (NOT DESKTOP) software, make sure it's the one you just installed. Actually, I always uninstall any prior device software this way before I install my new OS. Doing it that way, i have never been prompt about upgrade/downgrade like you mention. Just a simple install like it should be.
    10-01-09 12:01 PM
    I went back to 138 after having 169 for a week. I don't know which is worse....the several second delay coming out of standby that the 138 suffers from or the annoying high pitched chirp during calls on 169.

Right now I am thinking the delay is more annoying and I'm thinking about going back to 169.

Arrrgh.
    10-06-09 10:15 AM
    Is anyone having memory leakage problems with this version? My memory won't go above 9000000, and I deleted EVERYTHING off of my phone!

10-15-09 07:13 PM
    I've been experiencing chirping noises, like a international call, with this build. I'm going to have to downgrade to .138.
    Why did you return your Tour? I'm trying to decide on a Tour but I love my 8130.
    10-15-09 08:02 PM
    Just a quick note on this, I just loaded the new OS here and it's great, I have no issues of this chipping deal, it's very solid.

1 thing I did notice, is that it takes a while longer to charge the battery, however, I am getting longer usage out of my battery now as well. I thought it was me just being stupid but....I use mine for work everyday and it's holding a charge longer than the previous OS. I tax the **** out of my Pearl and I have to say it's a great improvement!
    10-17-09 02:45 PM
    Why did you return your Tour? I'm trying to decide on a Tour but I love my 8130.
    See the following issues from the Tour forum:

* http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...e-well-267206/

* http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...uffled-271150/

* http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/an...ripple-274969/. This showed up on my replacement Tour (it was brand new since no refurbs existed during the second week after launch).

* Trackball sucked on the Tours during the first few weeks after launch. I returned my Tour before the "green dot" Tour showed up, but people state that the trackball should not be an issue now.

* Seriously loose battery door cover on the first Tour.

Both Tours had the same problem with bluetooth, you-sound-muffled and trackball issues.

I would have loved the Tour but for the fact that it just did not work as a phone. Works great as an expensive PDA, though ("paperweight mode").
    Last edited by sunNsnow; 10-17-09 at 08:16 PM.
    10-17-09 08:09 PM
    So I fixed the minor problem where my Pearl wouldn't turn on after running this update. However, now I have restored all my info etc but my BBM contacts have all disappeared...?
    Last edited by cdnmedic; 10-18-09 at 09:36 PM.
    10-18-09 08:41 PM
    So I fixed the minor problem where my Pearl wouldn't turn on after running this update. However, now I have restored all my info etc but my BBM contacts have all disappeared...?

Yeah that's happened to me once before when I did my first OS upgrade because I had forgot to backup my contact list first. Key rule, always back up bro. You can't rely on the DM to backup auto when doing a OS upgrade.
    10-19-09 12:22 PM
    Is anyone having memory leakage problems with this version? My memory won't go above 9000000, and I deleted EVERYTHING off of my phone!

Same problem here, I start at about 8.9mb whereas before I was at around 15! New bbm is up to 2.9mb so that doesn't account for it all...after long use I'm running down to very little free mem. Btw new google talk is awful I'd love to find an older version!
    10-21-09 08:39 AM
    've been running it since last night. No more lag! It seems pretty stable. Having had any random suretype errors either
    10-22-09 09:53 AM
    Ok I lied, everything has been running great up until I noticed I was missing calls. I wondered why and called my cell from my LAN phone. Surprise! all the ringer volume, IM volume etc was muted somehow, even though I checked my volume profile, it said it was all on and normal WEIRD! The only way it will ring with volume and have all appropriate volume back is to do a battery pull.

This sucks Arse! Anyone else notice this?
    10-22-09 02:47 PM
    Biggest difference so far is no lag time from time out screen
    I have had my blackberry pearl 8130 on AllTel for almost 6 months and regularly connect it to my desktop to sync, etc. The DM software never told me this OS or any other was available, even doing the check for update OTA never told me there was an update. I decided to update off the blackberry site, which is how I found out about this update. I updated a little more than a week ago.

The biggest difference for me after this update was the GPS actually started working after this update when it never worked before unless I was using the TeleNav GPS Navigator software which was a $10 a month fee and I wasn't willing to pay for something that the phone was capable of (and advertised by AllTel)

I had decided to look for an OS upgrade after reading some of these forums and seeing that there has been one out there for a while, in fact my OS was two steps below the current one in my phone which is now V4.5.0.169 (Platform 3.4.0.51), and the fact that I was 'switching' from AllTel to Verizon in this market was another reason I was looking for an update.

The switch to Verizon in this market took place last weekend, however I think most of it was billing related, I've done the *228 to update roaming and that's about it, my network page on the phone still shows AllTel as the network provider.
    10-23-09 04:36 PM

I started out with about 21,000,000 on memory after the update without re-installing anything other than the stock apps that came with the OS. Only because of the applications I've reloaded has it gone down under 12,000,000. One application I have is called QuickPull which you may want to get if you don't already use it, it simulates a battery pull on the device, and clears up memory leaks without having to physically pull the battery.

I have mine set to do this restart about 5 minutes after my phone turns on in the morning so it's not intrusive, though I had set it for about 7:30 am before, been on the phone at that time, and poof, it reset in the middle of the call. (methinks there should be a check for that type of activity before doing a timed reset, wonder if the app developers for QuickPull have thought of that in this new version) The version of QuickPull I have also has a function that will prompt you for a reset if the memory usage goes below a particular level which you can set and I have mine set at 10MB
    10-23-09 04:53 PM
    Ok I lied, everything has been running great up until I noticed I was missing calls. I wondered why and called my cell from my LAN phone. Surprise! all the ringer volume, IM volume etc was muted somehow, even though I checked my volume profile, it said it was all on and normal WEIRD! The only way it will ring with volume and have all appropriate volume back is to do a battery pull.

This sucks Arse! Anyone else notice this?
    I have had this happen to me also not all the time but every once in awhile...I dunno if this is the cause but whenever I've switched the phone to only vibrate then switch back to the ringer it won't ring nor make any type of sound when receiving a message.

10-25-09 05:34 PM
    Same problem here, I start at about 8.9mb whereas before I was at around 15! New bbm is up to 2.9mb so that doesn't account for it all...after long use I'm running down to very little free mem. Btw new google talk is awful I'd love to find an older version!
    I've been having memory problems as well I can do a battery pull and when phone rearts it shows I have around 16 maybe 17,000,000 to start then maybe within a half hour it can be down around 9million?? All I have on here is quickpull CB launcher and google maps

10-25-09 05:38 PM
    I have had this happen to me also not all the time but every once in awhile...I dunno if this is the cause but whenever I've switched the phone to only vibrate then switch back to the ringer it won't ring nor make any type of sound when receiving a message.

Yeah that is a bunch of garbage! Actually I have never run into that issue from going to vibrate all and back with either the shortcut of holding down # or manually going into profile and vibrate all. This is really stupid and pissing me off! Blackberry has always been great for me but a simple thing like all volume going dead!?? Ugh! Anyway, I have also read that when you have customized ringtones stored in your memory card that this is a bug?? Again, I have never had this issue.....until now. Back to boring old ringers and reloading the OS.

Waste of time. :P
    10-29-09 06:25 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD