HI all, I have gone thru this forums the past 3 days reading. Now I am confused....so please bare with me as I have alot of questions.

My situation, I recently purchased a Pearl 8120 (T-mobile) but I am with AT&T, I had the phone unlocked. I do not have any blackberry data plans whatsoever. I only planning on using the wi-fi to check up on emails and surf the web. these are the few things that the phone didnt seems to work ...PLEASE someone enlighten me with your knowlegde.

1. the yahoo IM, MSN messenger that was on the phone didnt seems to connect, when I enter in the username and password it said network not available unable to connect. I already setup the WI-Fi which works.

2. I downloaded Google Maps and installed on the phone, but it just wont connect, each time it stay at the loading page and stayed there forever. nothing happens....my friend have a BB Curve and he installed google maps the same time as I did, and his works fine. whats going on??

3. I do want to use the wi-fi to watch youtube, but it seems that I need to upgrade to OS 4.5, is this something everyone reccommend?

4. what is the current TCP setting for AT&T, I called but the reps are total idiots, they wont helped before I purchased a T-mobile phone.

5. BIS is that free? do I need data plans from AT&T to use it?

6. Lastly(for now) I used to have a window mobile phones, it have tons of apps and games for free, can you guys give me a few links to free apps exdocuments readers, pix viewers, better alarms, all-n-one calculator for mortgage and interests calculations stuffs, etc)
    09-11-08 01:32 AM
    Everything you just mentioned on doing will eat a lot of data. In all honesty, they probally locked your net access if you don't have a data plan knowing that blackberrys are data hogs. If you want to use the web, emails, and especially maps, you will need data unless you want a huge bill. Call your carrier and see if it is locked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 04:01 PM
    1. Probably won't work without a data plan
    2. Same
    3. Not if you are a newbie. Wait for an official release on Tmobile
    4. TCP is only relevant if you have a data plan
    5. BIS is a type of BB data plan. It is not free.
    6. Check the CB store
    09-11-08 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD