Hello, I just got my first Blackberry yesterday and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities and information here and elsewhere. I have a few questions if somebody could point me in the right direction.

1) I want to buy a microSD card. According to the BB knowledge base I can have up to 16GB because I have OS v4.5.0.131. (I would post the link but the forum won't let me. Search "microsd GB limit 8130" and it's the first result.) Are there any problems with getting a big one? (runs slower, etc) Apparently there are newer types of microSD, which I'm guessing may not work in an older device. What do I need to look for?

2) I want to sync my contacts/calendar/etc with my computer. I have no idea what program I can sync with, other than Outlook, which I don't like and don't use for email. I've never used contacts/calendar/etc on my computer, so I don't know what my choices are. I read somewhere (which I can't find now) that I need to download BB OS for my computer, in addition to the BB desktop, and then I can sync the BB with just that. But I can't find this BB software for my computer, and maybe I misunderstood.

3) It appears that some apps stay open even when I press end and do something else. If I go to Switch Applications, I get a list and can deliberately close them. But some appear to stay open regardless, even if I close them. I'm confused - why do some stay open? Is it okay to keep a bunch open or should I keep going to the list and closing them? Is there a shortcut to close them?

Thanks - I've never had half so much technology in my pocket before.
    08-28-11 10:29 PM
    Haha. Welcome to the forums.

1. Buy the one that works. for example an old 16gb microSD card.
    Try to avoid Class 10, as I don't know if it will have any adverse effects. (it shouldn't be ready any faster anyways)

2. I use Google Cal,
    My contacts are just backed up on Desktop Manager.

3. BBM can't be closed, Messages, Can't be closed , Homescreen can't be closed, Browser, and Phone, cant be closed.
    The best way is to, Blackberry button and click Close, or exit if close isn't there.
    08-28-11 10:45 PM
    The memory card I'm looking at says class 2 and TransFlash. Will that work? Apparently class = speed?

Is there any downside to a large memory card?
    08-29-11 03:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD