I am new to the BB world and this forum so let me first say that I have had my 8130 for about a week and this forum has saved me a ton of time and headaches so I would like to first and formost thank you all for your outstanding advice, tips and tricks. Now that I've kissed some **** I have had a problem a few times and I would like to know if it's a glitch with the 8130 or if I have a problem with my phone. Every once in a while I will make a call or receive a call and I can't hear from the handset. The person on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them. I do a battery pull and that fixes it but it's a big inconvenience since I use my BB for work. Is something wrong with my phone that I should take it in and have it fixed or a bug? Thank you in advance for your input.
    05-25-08 10:03 PM
    I'd take it in to have it looked at. I don't think it so but, it could be a memory problem if you have a lot of pics and ring tones stored on device memory. If that's the case I'd get an SD card.
    05-25-08 11:28 PM
    i had the same trouble a while back and took my 8130 back. the csr guy said he removed a 3rd party app that he thought was causing the problem, and it has worked fine so far. i did some research on the forum and it seems alot of people have this same problem, even after getting new bb's. i got a little program called soft reset just incase ,so i dont have to remove my battery. bests of luck
    05-26-08 09:30 AM
    Welcome to CB! I would go ahead and take it back and have the CSR look at it. I have not had this problem but seems to be a phone issue. I also use that soft reset app and it works great. I don't have to take the skin off my phone or the battery cover or the batter. You can get soft reset here for free you can download it OTA or through BBDM. geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    05-26-08 09:36 AM
    Thank you for everyones help. All my ringtones and pictures are on a 4MB card so I keep very little on internal memory. I will take the phone in and have it looked at but I did install the soft reset app untill then. Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!
    05-26-08 11:36 AM
    I am thankful for this website bc I am having this same issue as we speak. I have returned the phone once and they replaced it and this weekend I noticed it again. It's a Verizon to be worked on now so we shall see what they tell me. It's just a huge inconvenience to have to do a battery pull all the time so I am def going to try the soft reset. Thanks guys.
    05-27-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD