I just got my bb pink pearl, which is very exciting! Is there a short cut to delete msgs or do I always need the menu button? how do I assign a sound to alert me to new msg or emails?

thanks!

A.
    06-19-08 08:56 PM
    Don't know about the deleting part but to assign alerts, find the little volume icon and run that app. Scroll to the bottom and click advanced. Select a profile to edit and from there you can assign alerts. Welcome to cb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 09:13 PM
    Welcome to CB!! You can always highlight a specific date that the messages start and hit the menu button and there is the option to delete prior, it deletes them all at the same time.. Or if you hit menu on a text from a certain person, you have the option to search by that sender and delete all from them, it goes a lot quicker than individual texts.
    06-19-08 09:48 PM
    If you're looking for a simple shortcut key to delete messages, there isn't one. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 09:49 PM
    There is a shortcut to delete messages. I'm assuming you mean text messages. If you just go all the way to the top (not a message, but the very top) and hit the menu button, you'll see "delete prior." This deletes all of your messages, no matter what the date or time.
    Last edited by trebb; 06-19-08 at 11:09 PM.
    06-19-08 11:06 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Check my signature (hyperlinks) for additional assistance in multiple areas.
    06-19-08 11:32 PM
    Im sorry but maybe I misunderstood what you said: but I thought you asked if there was a way to delete messages without pressing the menu button at all hint a shortcut.... If so YES there is, when you are reading a email or text with the 8130 and want to delete the email, simply press the DEL key and that message will be deleted... no need to go thru the menu.....

You can highlight any date line and use the menu, delete prior to delete that day, and or if you have 4-5 messages you want to delete say under Friday, June 20 then scroll to the first or last message to be deleted, hold down the # or shift key and scroll up or down using the trackball to highlight the ones you want to delete and then press del key or menu delete

To set up a ringtone for emails and texts,
    go into profiles, scroll to the bottom and chose advanced, then chose the profile you want to edit, click it once highlighted, or highlight and press menu>edit, then scroll down to sms text messages and or the email you want to modify, click it or menu>edit and then chose tone, tone + vibrate, vibrate, then chose the ringer, and follow all the way down, be sure to setup the ringers you want to use if the phone is holstered if you use it....

Hopes this helps....
    Last edited by jason2nails; 06-20-08 at 08:38 AM.
    06-20-08 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD