Ok...i finally got applications to load onto my phone after getting the newest software and desktop manager software...my destop manager says that apps were installed successfully onto my device and disconnects my phone...now my phone will not boot up at all...it just has the red light on the top right going on and off and the screen keeps coming up white with an hour glass turning over and over! I have taken the battery of several times and tried plugging it back into my PC and the PC won't even recognize it now! It has been like 30 minutes! What do I do?
    01-05-08 10:00 PM
    Sounds like you loaded an incompatible app to your phone. You're going to need to reload the OS. Hope you had a backup because your data is gone, gone, gone.

Use this procedure (JL_Cmder doesn't work in this case--when it's booting over and over.)

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Oh, and don't reload the app iin question
    01-05-08 10:02 PM
    After loading a new OS, you need to let the device just go until it completes the reboot. Taking the battery out can have very negative impact on the device.

You may need to follow these instructions now to recover:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-05-08 10:03 PM
    Darn that John Clark!
    01-05-08 10:04 PM
    My Curve is doing it too. White screen hourglass, red light--cycling over and over.
    I downloaded the OS stuff and the phone wont connect to the computer (well it just wont stay on long enough when the white screen is connected). If i do the steps you outlined somewhere on here (?!), will it delete everything since it cant back it up?
    If so then I ll just get a new one but if there is a chance to keep all the info then please advise what i need to do. I hate to bug- seems to be a re-occuring issue RIM needs to look into further.
    01-16-08 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD