I just got my Blackberry 81390 yesterday. i must say I am not impressed. the phone is nice but I was given the impression I would be able to use the net just like a regular home computer. Not even close. Ok , I am sure it will get better. Here is the deal, I cannot view any video at all and most pictures will not load.
    I go to m.youtube.com and try to watch a video and get the error message as follows..The media being played is of an unsupported format.
    What is up with that????
    Cant view any video of any type on any site. This is garbage. Better than a regular phone but not worth the service fee of $30 a month. Please help. If this does not improve i will return it. If yall can help me with this I have 4,500,762 more issues to address. One at a time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Bigpoppa
    05-12-09 10:33 PM
    All of this could have been avoided with a little preliminary
    research.

1) The BlackBerry does not support Flash, which is why you can't
    view videos on other sites.

2) In order for m.youtube.com to work you ideally should have
    OS 4.5 (to find out: options > about > 3rd line down)

3) This is a phone. It is not a computer and expecting the
    browser to be the same or even close is unreasonable and
    unrealistic.

4) When you say you can't view any videos or pictures,
    what format are they in?

If the phone is driving you nuts there is nothing and no one
    that compels you to keep it. Just research your next phone better
    05-12-09 10:41 PM
    I was mislead. I have OS 4.5. I have seen people viewing videos on their blackberrys and that is part of what made me decide to get a blackberry. So answer me this ...... Why am I getting the above message and cant run m.youtube.com ?
    05-12-09 10:47 PM
    i can view videos from youtube on my pearl, no problem. i'm not quite sure why it's not working with you. i'm running os 4.5
    05-12-09 11:41 PM
    I am furious with this phone. It has been a nightmare. Nothing works. I am using os 4.5. Nothing plays , cant get many pictures to load.
    Worst of all, I have tried everything and I cant get the phone loud enough to here it. It sucks. If things dont get better , it is going back to Cellular South on Thursday. I hope they dont charge my plan for the data package that I cant get if I return it.

Blackberry = 100% nightmare so far
    05-12-09 11:58 PM
    Maybe you should give your Berry a chance before deciding that it is a terrible phone. I had some minor problems when I got my first Berry but after a little time I learned what it can actually do. Check your browser settings and make sure everything is checked. This may help you out.
    05-13-09 06:51 AM
    Cellular South has youtube blocked for BlackBerrys. This is a FACT.
    05-13-09 07:31 AM
    In all honesty, you should have performed a search on this site instead of making it sound like it is everyone else's fault you got screwed.

If you goto the thread "Other North American Carriers" you will see (2) two listings/posts there.

They are specifically for Cellular South and YouTube. Hence, they are named Cellular South and YouTube.

So, go there, do a little research, then if you want to come here and cry about how you were screwed... well, so be it. But put the effort into it first.

If you have had your phone for less than 30 days and have not put very many minutes on the phone, they WILL take it back, and they will NOT charge you a data cancellation fee. But I see from your comment you don't do ANY kind of research... Do you? You expect every one else to do it for you...

msblueline
    05-13-09 01:34 PM
    You can't get youtube to work, so you hate BB's now?
    As phatboy5015 stated, its your carrier's fault. My BB works perfectly fine with youtube.
    05-13-09 06:21 PM
    Oh, speaking of that, I forgot to add, mine gets YouTube too. Yes, I have Cellular South.

But, I will make you research it to find out how. I already told you where to go to get the info.

You too can get YouTube, with a little research.

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 06:28 PM
    sorry for you feeling this way i used to have a pearl and it was a good phone... do your research next time instead of listening to the store people and you should be fine
    05-14-09 01:22 PM
    Oh, speaking of that, I forgot to add, mine gets YouTube too. Yes, I have Cellular South.

But, I will make you research it to find out how. I already told you where to go to get the info.

You too can get YouTube, with a little research.

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bolt didnt work. Same as all the other browsers.

Hey maybe I got off on the wrong foot with you guys . I have done a buttload of research. Everything I try doesnt work. It has literally been a nightmare. Maybe it is my provider. I like a lot of things about it but I was mislead by my rep at the store.
    05-19-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD