Hi everyone.
    I'm new here and new to smart phones.
    I have a Motorola Razr right now and need a phone that will direct all of my aol emails to me reliably.
    Emails and phone size are my primary concerns.
    So far, from what I've seen, the Blackberry Pearl 8130 and Apple iphone seem like my best choices.
    My Verizon contract is up, so I could switch to AT&T, but I travel more rural areas and I think Verizon would work best for me. Probably. LOL
    Any thoughts?

By the way, will their "push" email system help me in any way? (Being that I'm not working in a regular office)

- Dave
    02-20-08 08:57 AM
    i have all of my gmail pushed to my pearl. no problems there. don't know about aol mail, tho. and from what i understand, verizon has the best coverage, service, and data speed. you won't be disappointed.
    02-20-08 09:03 AM
    You will not regret getting a BlackBerry.

As far as changing carriers, you need to decide that on who has the best coverage where you live, work and travel.

You might actually like the Curve 8310 from ATT better, or the 8830 or 8130 from Vzw.

Yes, the push email is dependable.
    02-20-08 09:05 AM
    Push email just means that the email is sent directly to your BlackBerry instead of having to set up an email client to check the mail server for new messages periodically as most other phones do.

With ATT, anyway, you can login to their BlackBerry Internet Service website to add email accounts that will push email to your device. This should work for your AOL account just fine.

If you choose the iPhone, however, you will need to configure your mail client to check the email server every so often, which will likely result in less battery life and you having to wait for however long your checking interval is to receive emails.
    02-20-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD