I'm new to the site and BB's in general so if any of these questions have been answered on previous threads, please redirect me.

I'll start with the simple stuff:
    I've tried to download and install a couple different themes I downloaded for free from crackberry thru the desktop manager and cannot get the themes installed. These are popular themes and I know other people were able to use them but when trying to install (thru the application loader as I think you're supposed to) I get the "No additional applications for your device were found" message. I've tried everything I can think of and searched the threads but with no luck. The reason I haven't used OTA I will go into later.

Also, is the 8130 wifi capable and how would I go about connecting via wifi?
    This I have not searched for so I'm sorry if it's a repost, please direct me to a thread if so.

Now I did search for this one but couldn't find anything. I've got a 1 unread message icon (I believe it's SMS, just a regular yellow envelope) on the main screen of the phone. I checked my SMS (and I don't have MMS), my voicemail and email and have no new messages. I deleted all my old messages (which were very few as I've only had the phone 2 days) and still have the icon stuck on the page. I realize I can hide it but I like the functionality and being able to just glance at the phone if I don't feel it vibrate. Can;t figure this one out.

Finally, my major problem comes with connecting to the internet. I have tried everything I can think of and everything I could find in previous threads but with no luck. I've had the phone 2 days and I have a data plan. I was able to connect all day yesterday and all day today until I got home from work around 5. I have good reception at my house and I tried it outside (just in case.)

I've tried a battery pull (turned phone off and pulled battery, also tried with phone on. Both times, I left the battery out longer then 30 seconds.)

Checked connection and it is enabled, changed from automatic to home only and back, neither work. Status is not connected.

Phone and SMS service works fine. The only thing I can think of is it's a problem with my carrier (Cellular South) and I can't get in touch with them this late.
    If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I really love the phone and don't want to encounter any more problems this early on but it is becoming extremely frustrating.
    06-01-09 08:07 PM

Now I did search for this one but couldn't find anything. I've got a 1 unread message icon (I believe it's SMS, just a regular yellow envelope) on the main screen of the phone. I checked my SMS (and I don't have MMS), my voicemail and email and have no new messages. I deleted all my old messages (which were very few as I've only had the phone 2 days) and still have the icon stuck on the page. I realize I can hide it but I like the functionality and being able to just glance at the phone if I don't feel it vibrate. Can;t figure this one out.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I really love the phone and don't want to encounter any more problems this early on but it is becoming extremely frustrating.
    Check missed calls, saved messages as they can be normal culprits. Also go to messages folder and hit "u" for any unread message. Let us know if you need additional help...
    06-01-09 08:33 PM
    Check missed calls, saved messages as they can be normal culprits. Also go to messages folder and hit "u" for any unread message. Let us know if you need additional help...
    Ah, it was a missed call. I never thought to actually click on the missed call to clear it. Thanks alot, that was beginning to drive me crazy.

EDIT: I found out the problem with my internet connection must have been my carrier because my family all had the same problem at approximately the same time. It is now working again so please disregard the internet connection problem.
    06-01-09 09:27 PM
    Ah, it was a missed call. I never thought to actually click on the missed call to clear it. Thanks alot, that was beginning to drive me crazy.

EDIT: I found out the problem with my internet connection must have been my carrier because my family all had the same problem at approximately the same time. It is now working again so please disregard the internet connection problem.
    You are welcome anytime. Glad I could help. So now that leaves us with the theme question right? since you have your internet connection going try to download the themes that way. this is a great tutorial on themes. Let us know if you need any additional help...

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    06-01-09 09:32 PM
    I am currently trying to find the one I want but still getting used to the site layout and browser on the phone. I will definitely keep you up to date.

Thanks for the link too. Like I said, still getting used to the layout, having trouble finding some things.
    06-01-09 09:37 PM
    I am currently trying to find the one I want but still getting used to the site layout and browser on the phone. I will definitely keep you up to date.

Thanks for the link too. Like I said, still getting used to the layout, having trouble finding some things.
    No problem there is also a link in my signature on the 101 lecture series as a whole. It will give you great info and has helped many newbies to the world of blackberry. Also use the Search Forums option at the top of the page. It will help you find what you need more often than not...
    06-01-09 09:43 PM
    Thanks Iceman your 101 lecture helped me out a lot.
    06-01-09 09:49 PM
    Thanks Iceman your 101 lecture helped me out a lot.
    Welcome to crackberry! You are quite welcome. I can't take full credit as they are not mine. I just lead you to them, which is why I'm here. Helping people like yourself when needed.
    06-01-09 10:19 PM
    Welcome to crackberry! You are quite welcome. I can't take full credit as they are not mine. I just lead you to them, which is why I'm here. Helping people like yourself when needed.
    Well, you're doing a great job, I really appreciate the help.

I was able to download a couple themes OTA now that my internet's back up, but I'm still learning alot so I have yet to get the phone set just the way I like it.
    However, I still would like to figure out the problem with my desktop manager. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Meanwhile, I will continue my research.

Thanks again!
    06-01-09 11:00 PM
    Well, you're doing a great job, I really appreciate the help.

Thanks again!
    No problemo...
    06-01-09 11:07 PM
    EDIT: Also ran across the complete wifi how-to thread and discovered my phone does not support wifi so please disregard that question as well.
    06-01-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD