Just got a hand me down BlackBerry Peral (red one) from my wife (she bought an iphone) not sure what model number. Couldn't find that information anywhere.

I have not been a big fancy cell phone user, just give me a keypad it was good enough for me type of deal.

Couple of lame questions.

The phone originall was from AT&T service, and now it is T-mobile, but the welcome screen still have AT&T on there. How do I get rid of that?

Can someone explain to me how the e-mail services work? I know it pushes e-mails to my phone, but technically how does it work? How does BlackBerry connect to the e-mail servers? I have an outlook e-mail account, and a yahoo e-mail account, and an internet web access e-mail account. I know for sure the outlook and the yahoo e-mail will work, how about a internet web e-mail account?

TIA

Robin
    01-16-09 12:31 PM
    The AT&T logo is stored in the boot rom. You won't be able to change that.

Run the email setup wizard. That's how you tell the BlackBerry where to find your email. I haven't tried webmail, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 12:41 PM
    Couple more questions, I just ordered the e-mail function. It is already showing on t-mobile's web site saying that this function is turned on.

(1). When I tried to do enterprise activation I entered my work's e-mail address and my Windows login password, but it tells me "Activation request failed, A network connection is unavaliable"

(2). I don't have a browser icon on my phone, supposely if I have e-mail function I should also have internet ability, right?
    How do I get a IE browser on there?

TIA
    01-16-09 03:34 PM
    Enterprise Activation is for corporate users with BES accounts. Since you ordered your email access, that implies you are a BIS user. You don't need to do Enterprise Activation, and it won't work for you anyway, as you've discovered. Use the Email Setup Wizard to create your email accounts.

Internet Access requires a data plan. Your T-Mobile package should tell you whether Internet access is included with email or not. One does not automatically imply the other.
    01-16-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD