Got the Pearl a few days ago, my first BB of any kind. Almost overkill on the options, but I'm finally starting to figure stuff out. Figured out how to have SMS texting on its own menu instead of buried within "messaging" which was very nice, that was starting to **** me off.

A few issues still though:

My ringer is very quiet, I always seem to miss calls. It's on loud, anyway to get it louder? Also any way to get it to vibrate as well (instead of vibrate only being for silent?) edit: nevermind, found another thread that helped

wtf is the "compose" function used for? Looks just like address book to me, seems highly redundant... I must be using it wrong.

Same thing with "messages." I like being able to see calls, e-mail and SMS texting seperate, any reason to use the messages function as well then? Does voicemail only show up there or something?

Also when I attempt to use the voice dialing application it says "initializing, please wait" basically forever. I have to hit end a bunch of times and it still takes about a minutes to kick back out. What's going wrong here?
    Last edited by hokie matt; 02-16-08 at 10:22 PM.
    02-16-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD