Hey guys, I am a little confused right now. I had a Verizon Pearl and just changed to Sprint and got another Pearl with them. I used the switch device wizard in the Desktop Manager to copy all of my stuff over, went to sprint/blackberry and re-setup my emails, downloaded the new facebook 1.6, installed the latest OS from Sprint. Now I do not get any facebook notices or emails. I've tried resending service books, rebooting my phone, just about everything I can think of. I sent a test email to one of my addresses and that came through but other than that I haven't had anything. My registration with the network messages do come through when I resend the service books. What does this mean? Did I miss something somewhere?
    06-06-09 05:14 PM
    Sometimes it takes a little time. Go into your BIS account and make sure that your pin numbers match up - sometimes it's still trying to send to your old device.
    06-08-09 12:13 AM
    Double checked, everything matches. Like I said the activation emails came through, one test email came through to one address, one random email came through this morning to the other, but things like all my facebook notification emails are NOT coming through. This is so frustrating. My friend with a Sprint Curve said he had that happen with one phone so he went back and the Sprint guy messed with it and everything started working right so I guess I'll go by there today.
    06-08-09 10:22 AM
    Okay quick update--I wasn't able to go to the Sprint store today but I confirmed that ONE of my gmail addresses is working and NOT the other. I've checked the settings on that gmail account and IMAP and it's still enabled and everything.
    06-08-09 07:18 PM
    Try removing that email from your BIS; then put it on again.
    06-09-09 04:52 PM
    Did that twice now. Tried deleting, rebooting phone, re-adding, rebooting and still no cigar. I can send emails FROM that account successfully...but can not receive to it on my Blackberry. This is SO irritating. I tried a complete device wipe and before reinstalling anything adding the emails on and it still didn't work.
    06-10-09 01:26 AM
    HAHA!! Okay I'm going to tell you what I did and maybe someone can tell me why it worked??

I happened to check my firewall. I don't know what it means but there is a thing that said "Incorrect Encryption Key 535 Blocked". (Last night it only said 227 when I found it) I clicked the trackball and it brought down a menu and one of the options was "reset settings". I clicked that and all of a sudden I got an email. Then I noticed the firewall was off and reenabled it but the emails still work. Can anyone tell me what this means??
    06-10-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD