I have a Pearl, given to me , not sure of the model. It's overkill for someone whom simply wants to use it to monitor incoming emails, answer email messages very briefly and use as a phone. nevertheless, I have to use the model. I do not text, I cannot tolerate the techy music tones, all I need is a simple ringtone, which I am using. The device should not be so labor intensive to toggle between vibrate and ringtone. How do you get the device to send you notice of an email with just the vibrate mode, dont need the blip everytime an email appears, it is annoying.

Also, pairing with a blue tooth, and I want to use voice activated calling, does the stored names and numbers have to be recorded into some sort of voice mailbox when using voice activated name or number calling? Dont quite get the feature, as when I ask it to call home, it asks me for the number Would not home be enough?
    04-02-09 08:43 AM
    To quickly switch to the vibrate profile, hold down the pound (#) button, and it will begin to vibrate upon switching modes. If you still want the phone to ring, go to profiles, at the bottom choose edit, and go to the email option, from there you can specify that even though the whole phone is not in the vibrate profile, only vibrate when an email comes in. The voice dialing does not require recordings, it is sophisticated enough to be able to translate the name, most of the time. Also, it is generally easier to tell it to call a name, and then specify home number. If you just say home, and you don't have an entry in your address book labeled "Home" it will need more info.
    04-02-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD