The new 4.5 upgrade is available for my Alltel 8130 so I just installed it but I have a question.

Before the update I couldnt listen to streaming music with my bluetooth stereo and now I can. But when I put the phone in the holster it stops the connection of the stream. also before I could have it in the holster and still listen to the stream using my wired headset and now it wont do that either. I just edit this post because I found something out, when I put it in the holster it's killing the stream. only happens from using internet radio. if i use xm radio program or anything else like that it works fine in the holster.

Has any one seen this happen and know how to fix it?
    Last edited by eddyhig; 10-24-08 at 07:35 PM.
    10-24-08 04:44 PM
    [QIOTE
    =eddyhig;873409]The new 4.5 upgrade is available for my Alltel 8130 so I just installed it but I have a question.

Before the update I couldnt listen to streaming music with my bluetooth stereo and now I can. But when I put the phone in the holster it stops the connection of the stream. also before I could have it in the holster and still listen to the stream using my wired headset and now it wont do that either. I just edit this post because I found something out, when I put it in the holster it's killing the stream. only happens from using internet radio. if i use xm radio program or anything else like that it works fine in the holster.

Has any one seen this happen and know how to fix it?[/QUOTE]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-25-08 06:45 PM
    Here is something to try: Go to your security options > general settings > lock handheld upon holstering? Select no. I can't make any guarantees, but its easy and definitely worth a try. And now I have a question for you: I also have my 8130 through altell and would like to know exactly how you went about your os uprade? Did alltel do it for you or was it more of a diy project? I need to uprade because I have been a little disappointed with my pearl not being capable of sending mms, and I have heard the new os supports mms. Anyway, I hope my tip helps you and would appreciate any info you could share with me

10-25-08 07:05 PM
    I did it through the blackberry website, just make a back up of your phone before you do it. It was very easy to do. It fixed it so you can mms and you can watch windows media files as well.

Thanks for the lock trick, I will try that, I did read in the groups that the issue is that the media player in the new version doesn't support multitasking which is whats causing it to stop the stream.
    10-25-08 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD