i have a 8110 and im trying to download themes through desktop manager ive been trying for 3 days and i download the theme to my desktop and extract the files go to desktop manager and click add apps and click on the alx file and hit open and it says ERROR no additional applications designed for your device were found somebody please tell me what to do
    12-04-09 10:32 PM
    Here are instructions from another thread for doing this.

One thing of note, before pursing this avenue, the theme you are attempting to load must be for the device you're using. A theme for another device will not show up for download.

[QUOTE=lazerus;4141402]Manually installing BlackBerry themes is a bit more involved than Over The Air installations. Generally these themes come in the form of a zip file, and you�ll need to download it to your PC. For this example I�m going to use a Vista BlackBerry Theme. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to somewhere on your hard drive that you�ll remember. I have a specific folder for BlackBerry themes, but anywhere will do.
    ?

Now launch your BlackBerry Desktop Manager (and make sure your BlackBerry is connected to your PC). From the Main Menu select Application Loader
    ?

From the Add / Remove Applications section, click the Start button.

Click the Browse� button below the Device application selection list.

?
    Navigate to the folder you stored your theme file in, select it, and click Open.

?
    The BlackBerry Desktop Manager will now run a check on that file�

?
    and now it will be listed in the Device application selection list. Make sure that the check-box is checked, and that Install is the Action. Click the Next button.

You�ll be presented with a Summary screen that will list your new theme as the �software� to install on your BlackBerry. Click Finish.

First the theme will load�

?
    and then the BlackBerry Desktop Manager will make the connection to your device, and install the theme.

At this point you should have a successful update. You can return to the main menu and/or disconnect your BlackBerry.

?
    Navigate to the Themes section of your BlackBerry Options ((if you need help changing themes, see this tutorial) and select your newly installed theme.

?

Exit out of the Theme Options, and your new theme will be up and running. That�s it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 11:20 PM
    Very useful. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD