I'm tryin 2 download MP3 songs from a pc. I don't have any idea what 2 do. It says I have 2 use desktop manager, which I have never used. Is it ok 2 use that on any computer or should I wait til I get my own computer? If I set it up on one computer, can I still use on my own if I get one? Can someone please explain the desktop manager, how 2 use it, and how I can download full MP3 on my pearl using the USB cable? Any help will be appreciated. Again, I don't know anything about desktop manager, so be gentle.
    03-30-08 10:45 AM
    In order to properly connect your phone to a computer, the computer must have Desktop Manager installed since it also installs the drivers for it. If you don't install DM, then the computer won't recognize the phone when you connect it.

If you plan on putting mp3 songs on your phone, you will need a microSD card to put them on. You cannot put them on the device's internal memory. So if you don't already have a microSD card you need to go get one.

If you have a microSD card we can give you further instructions.
    03-30-08 10:57 AM
    Yes I have a micro SD installed. I have a couple full length MP3 songs already that I got off websites through my browser. But there isn't a lot 2 choose from so I wanna try doing it from a pc.... Which is another question I have. Where are the best sites 2 use? Can I use i-tunes?
    03-30-08 11:35 AM
    iTunes is incompatible since they come with DRM content protection. You can only put non-DRM files on a BB.

How do I add media files to my microSD card? - BlackBerryFAQ
    03-30-08 12:25 PM
    Sunkast thanx 4 the replies. U've helped me w a couple issues now. I've read the link u gave me and will use those instructions. One thing I don't understand. If I set up the desktop manager at my brothers house on his pc, will I only be able 2 use it there? What if I get my own computer soon? Will I have 2 do everything over? Actually, i'm still not totally clear on exactly what the desk manager does. I know its a backup right? But what else? Thanx again 4 all ur help.
    03-30-08 04:13 PM
    Yeah. It's like I said earlier, if you don't have desktop manager installed on the computer, then the computer can't recognize the phone when it's plugged in.
    03-30-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD