i need a decent cheap BT, just for in car use mainly..
    narrowed it down to Cardo Scala-700 Bluetooth Headset, or the H500 motorola.
    i dig the review of the scala here on CB.

anyone had personal experience with the BB 8130 and either or both of these products?

cheers
    02-22-08 02:42 AM
    Just on your purchasing options, and you may know this anyway, but if you buy from Best Buy, buy it online and pick up in the store.. their online store usually has different prices for electronics than in the store.. they stock the same items, same call numbers, just different prices sometimes...

never hurts to check and compare.. i google on my BB "best buy" + whatever i might buy, then usually the first google link takes me to the item... this is while i'm in the store...

it saved me maybe 10 or so bucks on the Motorola S9's.. you know the website had it for 89 and in store it was 99 but you get the point... same thing goes with Circuit city in my experience..

My friend had the Motorola one, and yeah it worked, but only in complete silence... you get what you pay for, and he got his for free... So I would go with the Scala... plus it looks different, so there you go...

Sorry about rambling, but hopefully I have helped you to some degree
    02-22-08 04:50 AM
    yes that is some help, i already know about BB, prefer not to shop there unless i have to. i like Fry's better

i was leaning towards the Scala myself, also.
    if i cant find it at a good price locally i'll get it from CB.

cheers.
    02-22-08 11:15 AM
    yes that is some help, i already know about BB, prefer not to shop there unless i have to.
    You are a very wise man.
    02-22-08 11:58 AM
    okay, i got a BT.. and i purchased it from the other place i dont like to buy from.. but often do.

wife needed some kinda plastic file cabinet drawer setup for her office, so we went to Walmart just about 30mins ago.
    the other day they had the H700's for $99, which is the BT i wanted, due to the review here on CB. tonight they had em on sale for $69.99.. i couldnt pass it up, so i took the plunge and got it. i'm digging out my BB manual to see about syncing them up together.

all in all if it works as well as the review stated, i'll be quite happy.

omg
    Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset (B-Stock) - ShopCrackBerry
    cheers
    Last edited by boomerbsg; 02-23-08 at 04:38 AM.
    02-23-08 02:06 AM
    Just on your purchasing options, and you may know this anyway, but if you buy from Best Buy, buy it online and pick up in the store.. their online store usually has different prices for electronics than in the store.. they stock the same items, same call numbers, just different prices sometimes...

never hurts to check and compare.. i google on my BB "best buy" + whatever i might buy, then usually the first google link takes me to the item... this is while i'm in the store...

it saved me maybe 10 or so bucks on the Motorola S9's.. you know the website had it for 89 and in store it was 99 but you get the point... same thing goes with Circuit city in my experience..

My friend had the Motorola one, and yeah it worked, but only in complete silence... you get what you pay for, and he got his for free... So I would go with the Scala... plus it looks different, so there you go...

Sorry about rambling, but hopefully I have helped you to some degree
    If Best Buy does shady things like that when what else are they doing? Most people know to stay far from Best Buy.
    02-23-08 02:10 AM
    its a shame bestbuysux.org is gone.. ihatebestbuy.com appeared to take its place.. the database of stories from both shoppers and employees was astounding on the bbsux.org site.. you could spend days reading them.

and dont get me started on the Geek Squad...
    02-23-08 02:30 AM
    all in all if it works as well as the review stated, i'll be quite happy.

omg
    Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset (B-Stock) - ShopCrackBerry
    cheers
    I am very pleased with the performance of my H700 with the 8130. Hopefully you will be as well.

BTW: Don't know if this would have mattered to you but the H700s at the CrackBerry Store are less expensive because they are B-Stock which is overstock inventory (wireless carriers or distributors returns) or factory refurbished and usually not in the product's original packaging.
    02-23-08 07:45 AM
    yeah i read that B-stock description after pasted that link in... i prefer new/retail myself, so i think i got a good deal
    02-23-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD