Hi. I bought my husband a Pearl 8130 for his birthday. It came with a case, which broke and he threw it away before I could take a look at it. I'd like to buy a replacement as a stocking stuffer. I'm looking for one that:

1. Is a side holster - carried horizontally.
    2. Has belt loops, not just a clip.
    3. Is EASY to remove quickly with one hand.
    4. Is EASY to remove quickly with one hand even when there's a rubber/latex "skin" over the pearl.
    5. Supports the sleeper function.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this? I've read tons of reviews on various sites over the last week and I can't find a single product that clearly meets all of those needs. I'm getting worried about having time to have the case shipped to me in time for Christmas w/o spending stupid money on express shipping.

Thanks!
    12-17-08 12:52 PM
    have you checked the crackberry store?
    12-17-08 12:54 PM
    I would suggest the skin cases, also called as Silicon cases. I am using it and have no probs
    12-17-08 01:29 PM
    There's a guy on the Forum (luvito?) who made a belt clip for his Pearl and it turned out great. He attached it to a silicone wrap. Try a search to see if you can find it. Only thing is, no belt loop.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 12-17-08 at 01:39 PM.
    12-17-08 01:34 PM
    Spooner - I've checked the Crackberry store, yes. Unfortunately, the products listed there either don't have belt loops or have reviews that say the case is too snug.

Sep910 - I think you mean the pliable "rubberlike-texture" skins that you can slip over the Blackberry for 24/7 use and protection, yes? If so, my husband IS using one of those. He needs a side case that will fit his Pearl WHILE it has the "skin" on it.

Thanks for your replies.
    12-17-08 01:36 PM
    Aspen8

I've been looking for exactly what you want for a while and have not found it. Recently I thought of trying a bold side holster, but haven't had a chance to go anywhere to try it. I think the size of a naked bold might be close to a pearl with silicone on. The only thing I doubt is whether the sleeper magnet is strong enough to work through the skin.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 07:45 PM
    The sleeper magnet is strong enough to work through the skin I took the out of my ''pouch'' that the pearl came with and placed them in a slide in holster (a cheap one bought from a gas station) and it works just fine. I would try the bold case or maybe curve or world edition case. It should work fine.

12-17-08 07:54 PM
    Take a look at the "otterbox" for the pearl.

google it for the website as I can't post URL's Yet.

Its a thin plastic membrane, covered by a hard plastic shell, covered again by a silicone sleeve.....ultimate protection and it comes with its own belt holster.
    12-17-08 10:11 PM
    Aspen8

I've been looking for exactly what you want for a while and have not found it. Recently I thought of trying a bold side holster, but haven't had a chance to go anywhere to try it. I think the size of a naked bold might be close to a pearl with silicone on. The only thing I doubt is whether the sleeper magnet is strong enough to work through the skin.

Good luck.

Excellent idea. I'll give that a shot today. Thanks!
    12-18-08 11:14 AM
    Thanks for the info Outlawrider06. That's very helpful.

Eng23ine-I'll take a look at that. Thanks.
    12-18-08 11:16 AM
    Aspen8,

Did you find a case like you wanted? I would love a case with all the features you described. I got a Krusell Horizon with Multidapt (Small) for Christmas which fits my Pearl with a Seidio case perfectly. Unfortunately it doesn't have a sleeper magnet. So I'm interested to see what you found.
    12-25-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD