Hi, I'm new and have two babies crawling around my feet so forgive me for asking a question that's probably been answered although I couldn't find it...
    I need access to all my Hotmail messages and contacts. I've had Hotmail since 1998 so I can link it and get about 20 most current messages but I can't access the whole account or access my contact list. When I try to check it on the browser it just gives me a blank screen. I have enabled java. Can you access Hotmail on the browser? This is totally crazy because I could access everything in my account with the Razr... Please help...I need to take the phone back soon to exchange it if I can't figure out a way to do this...
    Last edited by laura519; 01-17-08 at 09:36 AM. Reason: had to change a diaper and forgot to write the last sentence
    01-17-08 09:03 AM
    lol, I feel for you Laura. Welcome to CB.

I know Microsoft does NOT allow hotmail to push to the BB. But I don't know about accessing it via the BB browser... I am guessing you don't have PC access right now.
    01-17-08 09:39 AM
    got to MSN.com then click on hotmail and got from there, its weird but ifyou bookmark the hotmail page after you went to msn.com it seems to work
    01-17-08 10:03 AM
    I am BRAND NEW as of Friday to the Blackberry world and I am so excited. I am still deciding what to do with my hotmail account that I have had since 1999 that will not work with my BB. It is hard to let go...

This was a great tip to at least access it with the browser. I too encountered a blank screen.
    02-06-08 05:06 PM
    One of my hotmail accounts is from 1997 and the other is from 2002 and they both push my emails to my BB. Don't know why it works on mine, but it does.
    02-07-08 05:31 PM
    One of my hotmail accounts is from 1997 and the other is from 2002 and they both push my emails to my BB. Don't know why it works on mine, but it does.
    Depending on when your account was established this used to be supported. So if your account is old enough it works and if not then it doesn't.

Joe
    02-09-08 12:15 AM
    I don't have hotmail, but I have a friend that does and his email is pushed to his BB. He told me that you have to upgrade to the pay account to get the push and full access on your BB. Do you have the pay account (I think it's Hotmail Plus or something like that)?
    02-09-08 02:32 PM
    hi guys, I've 2 hotmail IDs. the ID that I'm using for 17 years is working fine but the other one doesn't work at all. I don't know the reason but I guess hotmail has some sort of policy per account based on number of days active.
    02-10-08 08:43 AM
    ~I got my BB back in July and my hotmail account that I had since 1997 was working perfectly up until December; I called and called TMobile as well as MSN and all they could tell me was that I had to subscribe and pay for the service which I thought was ridiculous; so I switched everything over to yahoo; it was a pain, but I get all my emails now!~
    02-10-08 03:01 PM
    I also have Hotmail that pushes on my Blackberry. One account does but not the other. I have added my gmail which works well and simply have the Hotmail account which is not "pushable" to my other account. Maybe forwarding or transfering your e-mails will work for you if you have another account.
    02-10-08 03:03 PM
    the tip on going to msn first then bookmarking hotmail works great from the browser no matter if it is a old acct or pay acct. With this method you can see all your email and contacts and folders just like on the vzw razr

and yes there are two different hotmail accounts. older one still have the push feature to BB and newer ones don't unless they are upgraded to hotmail plus $20 a year. this give you instant notification , access and ability to reply from you blackberry.
    04-29-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD