Eventhough I have my volume set as "loud" it is still too quiet to hear. Is there a different setting I should be fooling with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    03-31-08 04:18 PM
    So I look on the .pdf manual downloaded from Sprint and under a search for "ringer volume" or "ring tone volume" I get NOTHING. Maybe it's under Phone Volume? OK, that says go to Options, then to General Options. THERE IS NO GENERAL OPTIONS SUB-MENU IN OPTIONS!

Why not just press the volume up three times rapidly as advised, and/or go to Media / Audio Boost and activate that? Done and done. Still, THE QUIETEST CELLPHONE I'VE EVER HEARD and I've had 10. I am REQUIRED to leave it on vibrate or miss all calls.

This is one of a dozen reasons (LONG list, from someone who's been a cellular pro for 12 years) I will probably go back to my Nextel i880 in a few days and let one of the other guys from our store mess with this huge mistake, UNLESS you wiser ones can help me out

THANKS!
    03-31-08 04:41 PM
    I crop-edited a couple song snippets in Goldwave, also recorded the Tarzan Yell, and then boosted the daylights out of the volume and the mid & high frequencies. Drag & drop it on to my BB, and bingo - I have a few usable ring tones.
    04-02-08 07:18 AM
    I had to redo all of my ringtones with audacity, amplified them just below the point of complete distortion to get loud enough to hear em.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 09:36 AM
    fonebrkr - did you edit the ringtones on the BB or on your computer? I'm a newbie working with audio files. How did you do this? Thanks!
    04-09-08 10:09 AM
    I went in under profiles and made my on now I can hear it. When u click profile go to advanced, click menu and hit new profile that way u can set different tones 4 different messages. This helped me.
    04-09-08 10:29 AM
    I used all my home made ones and edited on my pc with audacity(free d/l), then when I loaded my new OS, I deleted the qualcom tune bundle, since all the preloaded tones were useless to me anyway, and I'm all about space in my phone to themewhore..
    All my ringtones and alert sounds are homemade and on my memory card. If you have any questions, PM me and I can walk you through it.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 10:51 AM
    fonebrkr - did you edit the ringtones on the BB or on your computer? I'm a newbie working with audio files. How did you do this? Thanks!
    There are applications out there that enables you to modify .wav files. I use Audacity (Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder) which is freeware and this application will enable you to open up a .wav file and amplify it so it'll be louder when you copy it to your BB. You can convert the .wav file to a .mp3 if you want to save some space or just move the .wav file to the BB.
    04-09-08 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD