So here's my problem:

When I set my profile to "Quiet" - it still rings/beeps.

When I set my profile to "Normal" - it's silent.

I've gone and edited the profiles MULITIPLE times to set them how I wanted them - "Quiet" is silent or "mute" on EVERYTHING. "Normal" is set to tone and medium volume on everything.

I'm starting to get frustrated. After double and triple checking my profiles, and selecting the one I want, I'll call my BB from my home, and what do you know, silent (after I set my profile to normal). I've missed a few important calls because of this glitch... as well as have my phone go off at inappropriate times aka meetings w/ clients.

I'm relatively new to BB (only have had my phone for 2 weeks), but I've read a BUNCH of stuff on this forum. I've also done the "when in doubt, pull it out" battery pull - which fixes the problem USUALLY.

So what am I doing wrong? Or is it my phone? I just want it to be silent when I select "quiet" and ring when I select "normal"... not too much to ask, right??

(I have a pink 8130 from Verizon)
    06-09-08 09:24 PM
    You need to edit those profiles to how you want them to ring.
    06-09-08 09:25 PM
    I have - my "normal" should ring a tone that I've downloaded, and "quiet" should be entirely on mute.... except it doesn't ring when it should, and rings when it shouldn't. I've gone to profiles> advanced> selected the profile I wanted> and edit..... with zero luck. It's on "Normal" now, yet is making zero sound when I get emails or an incoming call.
    06-09-08 09:32 PM
    Out of holster/ In Holster: Tone
    Tune: Your choice of tune
    Volume Anaything but mute

Do your settings read like this?
    06-09-08 09:37 PM
    yuuuuuuuuuup

that's why I'm frustrated I've gone and read a bunch of threads to try and fix it myself, but I can't seem to find any issues like mine... oh no! haha

Also, in the above thread I mention that my "device processor is busy" and I get an error message when I try and play music - again, a battery pull fixes this, but I'm pulling the battery every day almost - ugh

Thanks!!
    06-09-08 09:40 PM
    Try pulling your battery out!
    06-09-08 09:40 PM
    You may need to contact RIM. Your carrier should facilitate that
    06-09-08 09:47 PM
    you might have to double check all your ringtone/alert profiles I know I had a similar prob but I got it how I want to ring or vibrate..double check the in hoster out of holster settingss also the exeptions..in other words when "quiet" all calls quiet except..say mom?
    06-09-08 09:52 PM
    you think so? hmm, ok

Thanks!
    06-09-08 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD