My Pearl 8130 has started acting up.

For about 24 hours now it is basically clicking the trackball on its own, almost all of the time.

So imagine the home screen <click> composing an email <click> save draft <click> REPEAT.

I answer a call, start talking <click> mute <click> unmute <click> mute <click> unmute <click> REPEAT.

I have pulled the battery to no avail. The only thing that gives it temporary sanity is locking the keypad. Even then, the darn thing keeps clicking away.

HELP!!!!
    07-10-08 08:24 AM
    Hmm I've never heard of the track ball clicking on its own. Have you tried searching the other threads to see if anyone has also had this problem? Are you sure its not some other key CLICKING? I have heard of the keys sticking and doing something similar to that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 08:27 AM
    Hmm I've never heard of the track ball clicking on its own. Have you tried searching the other threads to see if anyone has also had this problem? Are you sure its not some other key CLICKING? I have heard of the keys sticking and doing something similar to that.

I'm not entirely sure it's the trackball. It could be the Enter key. But it has to be one of those two.

I've done what I can to see that neither is actually physically sticking. That doesn't seem to be it.
    07-10-08 08:42 AM
    Maybe you should call your service provider about this. They might be able to warranty the phone out for you and get you a new one or be able to do an insurance claim if you have one. They MIGHT possibly be able to tell you how to fix the problem. I'm completely stumpt on this though. Sorry I can't be more help.

07-10-08 08:48 AM
    No big deal. I will definitely call Sprint at some point. (I couldn't call them from home because my phone kept muting then unmuting itself!) I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. My phone is roughly 6 months old.
    07-10-08 08:59 AM
    mine is doing the same thing! and idk how to fix it. someone please help!!
    07-20-08 08:58 PM
    If the battery pull didn't work, the you will have to reload the software to the phone. Do a search in this forum for "reload handheld software" and you should find what you need. It's actually pretty easy to do.
    07-20-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD