I don't know what to do. I've been working on this darn thing for a couple of days and can't get Vista to recognize my 8130 Pearl. Desktop manager doesn't see it as well, of course. I downloaded DM 4.5 several times and installed and uninstalled it just as many. I'm tired of something as simple as this not working with the latest and greatest from MS. Can someone please help me find USB drivers for this thing?
    07-20-08 08:01 PM
    Well I definately would not call Vista great by any stretch of the imagination. I would try to download 4.3 DTM and just make sure that your phone is not plugged in while you are installing it. If it doesn't work maybe it won't. I have heard of it not working at all with Vista. Vista is buggy and just unreliable (in my opinion, I upgraded back to windows XP after Vista would not let me install updates).
    07-20-08 08:53 PM
    No, Vista being the latest and greatest was sarcasm actually. I have begun the complete reload of Vista because this all happened after I got a new drive from Dell that was preloaded. It has been slow and buggy from the beginning and I can't take it anymore. I will hopefully have better luck once I am done installing everything again. Meanwhile, if anyone has any great insight into my problem, please let me know.

Sam

Update:

It's the phone! Now I need to figure out what is wrong with it. My wife's phone syncs up just fine on both laptops, while mine fails on both.
    Last edited by slenser; 07-21-08 at 12:35 AM.
    07-20-08 10:32 PM
    Vista is only happy with DM 4.5. 4.3 opens and closes on me.
    07-26-08 05:32 PM
    Hold on a second before you decide that it is the phone. Do you have the proper device software downloaded on your computer?
    07-26-08 05:37 PM
    You might need to d/l the OS to your pc...in order for your phone to be detected, if you haven't done that so far

I have Vista and every DM worked fine with it 4.2,4.3 now 4.5
    07-26-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD