For Some Reason My Pearl Automatically Deletes My Text Messages & My Call Logs Whenever. Sometimes It Deletes My Texts When I Recieve Them Before I Even Get A Chance To Read Them. It Also Takes Fooorrreeevvveeerr To Load Sometimes. The Hourglass Will Be On The Screen For Atleast 3 Minutes When I Try To Unlock My Keyboard.
    It Doesn't Do It All The Time...i Guess Just Whenever It Feels Like It. I Took It To The Verizon Place To See If Maybe Someone There Knew What Was Going On And They Said It Was My Card, But Then Someone Else Told Me It Was The Phone. Anyone Have Any Idea Wtf Is Going On With It??! Help! Thanks!!
    07-13-08 07:29 PM
    Search memory leaks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 07:32 PM
    Check your free memory: Options/Status/File Free:

What you are describing is typical of the problems caused by low available memory. Any time "File Free" drops below 10 000 000 bytes, the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive, before you have had time to read them.

A battery pull recovers memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove the stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from the device's memory. Crackberry Genius Stoner developed this procedure to guide you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a Media Card, be sure to put pictures, videos, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that Media Card memory is not device memory. You have to keep your device memory well above 10 000 000 bytes, regardless of the capacity of your Media Card or how much free space it has.
    07-13-08 07:33 PM
    Time to do a battery pull....

The BB is more a computer than a phone. Just like your computer needs to be rebooted from time to time, so does the BB.

Instead of a battery pull, I downloaded the SoftReset program and about every 2-4 days, while I'm idle and don't need my BB for a few minutes, I'll boot up the SoftReset program and let the BB reboot. It helps with issues as you're describing...
    07-13-08 07:37 PM
    I did delete alot of things I didn't need and did the battery pull and it was ok for like 2 days, but now it's doing it again.
    07-13-08 07:57 PM
    Depending on how much you txt/email/use the BB, you may have to do a battery pull more often. Like I said, I do a SoftReset about every 2-4 days.
    07-13-08 08:11 PM
    So what is your File Free memory now? It sounds like you've gotten low again. Perhaps you've got an app running in the background, using up your memory.
    07-13-08 08:12 PM
    Maybe they've released a newer version of your device software??

Google "Blackberry Device Software" and you'll find the latest version for your phone on blackberry's website
    07-13-08 08:13 PM
    I'm sorry, but a newer version of the device OS is not the answer. It will have the same memory problems as the previous version. Upgrading the OS will just distract her from solving the problem.

Pearl Girl: how much file free memory do you have?
    07-13-08 08:18 PM
    I just looked under "Status" and the file free is 3372382 bytes
    07-13-08 08:29 PM
    I just looked under "Status" and the file free is 3372382 bytes
    That is incredibly low. Please try this: http://wwwmblackberrytrade.com

Download the maxmem app. This will allow you to remove preinstalled media, vad, ptt, unused themes, etc. Also ensure you are properly closing out apps, IE- menu>close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 08:32 PM
    I just checked it again and the file free is now 15238790 bytes. Is that any better?
    07-13-08 09:08 PM
    That's much better. You should actually have no problems with that, but keep an eye on it.
    07-13-08 09:10 PM
    Much, much better. Was that just from the battery pull?
    07-13-08 09:10 PM
    No - I went back and deleted some stuff I really didn't need. Thanks for all of your help. If it starts to act up again...I'll definitely be back for some more advice! =)
    07-13-08 09:15 PM
    There's also a program called Soft Reset that you can get. It'll allow you to do resets without having to physically pull the battery out.
    07-13-08 10:09 PM
    I am not familiar iwth the File Free .....i searched my file free on status and it reads: 874972 is that good or bad?
    07-13-08 10:19 PM
    I am not familiar iwth the File Free .....i searched my file free on status and it reads: 874972 is that good or bad?
    No, that is not good at all. Anything less than 10 000 000 bytes is headed for trouble. You need to pull your battery to temporarily recover some memory, then perform the Stoner procedure that's linked from my sig.
    07-13-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD