The phone fell 3 feet to the wooden floor in my house, and now the screen is all white. It seems the rest of the phone works fine, because I can make calls (kinda; I cant see who I am dialing), and I was able to run the BB Desktop Manager to backup all the data on the phone. I am planning on stopping by the Verizon store in town and seeing what they can do. I have the full insurance policy on it. My only dilemma, though, is what phone to replace it with. I HATED how buggy this thing was, and would really like to try a new model. But Verizon has nothing but the Storm, AFAIK. Should I try a Curve 8330 to hold me over until something like the 8230 or the 'Niagra'? Any idea how much an upgrade to those would cost?
    03-31-09 07:23 AM
    Buy a pearl off ebay or amazon and wait for the phone you want
    03-31-09 07:47 AM
    I dont think I can buy a new one outright, just ordered and iPod and now I have no money ;_;
    03-31-09 07:53 AM
    You could sent the phone to BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices and ask for a repair quote. They fixed one of my phones when it failed but, they were not that cheap.
    03-31-09 07:57 AM
    Do you have insurance?
    03-31-09 07:58 AM
    I made sure to get the insurance. I think I would like to get a new model, not another 8130. But not a Storm... so there does not seem to be much to chose from on Verizon at the moment..
    03-31-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD