Today i bought 3 tracks from Napster. I was able to get the tracks from my computer into my Pearl but the music is coming out garbled, as though someone has sped up the tape and a 3 min song is big played in 3 sec. Here is what i am thinking and please chime in if you have ny suggestions. The file tht i am getting from Napster is ina WMA format. Do i need to convert that to an MP3 format and what sofware do you guys reccommend?
    03-23-08 09:42 PM
    Could also be that the track is protected by DRM. I don't use napster so I am not sure. You could try using Media Manager from Desktop Manager.
    03-23-08 09:54 PM
    Napster music has DRM protection set in the file. You can only play it on equipment that can read the Digital Rights properly. Napster has a list of compatible players.

If I remember correctly, Napster is a subscription service. As long as you pay for the subscription, you can download and listen to whatever you want. Stop paying for the subscription and the music won't play anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 08:33 AM
    If you bought it, you should be able to get it to MP3. You can burn it using Napster or use a converter such as Tunebite.
    03-24-08 10:23 AM
    Ok,

I talked to the napster people today and they said that they are not compatible with the BB, but i am wondering if i could copy my songs to CD and then copy it to the BB. I will try this experiment later and post back my results. If this doesnt work, what do you guys use for your music sourse?
    03-24-08 06:57 PM
    I had the same problem but after converting the wma files to MP3 they all worked fine.

03-24-08 08:30 PM
    What software did you use to do th conversion?
    03-24-08 09:16 PM
    Hi, Tunebite works fine for me
    03-25-08 04:30 AM
    Tunebite is great. I convert all of my music with it. My BB however, does play wma file (non-protected). Tunebite will not only convert the wma to mp3, but will also strip the drm from the music.
    03-25-08 08:43 AM
    Today i bought 3 tracks from Napster. I was able to get the tracks from my computer into my Pearl but the music is coming out garbled, as though someone has sped up the tape and a 3 min song is big played in 3 sec. Here is what i am thinking and please chime in if you have ny suggestions. The file tht i am getting from Napster is ina WMA format. Do i need to convert that to an MP3 format and what sofware do you guys reccommend?
    You can try to convert it to mp3 format
    I'm using a specialized Daniusoft WMA to MP3 converter now.
    You can have a try.
    03-28-08 01:47 AM
    You could also try burning the .wma to an audio cd then re-import it onto your computer using another media program (ie, iTunes) as long as the second program is set to import as .mp3. Unfortunately, since I don't use napster I'm not positive it will let you burn cds...

03-28-08 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD