View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nice Housing! Where can I get one?!

17 94.44%
  • Eh, average, ive seen better.

1 5.56%
    Well I recently bought a nice little pearl on ebay for about 20 bucks, and I decided to get a new housing for it, as the old one was scraped up like a mofo, so I decided to go with a Tour looking body. Hope you like the pics! Only prob is I got rubbing alcohol under the screen when I was cleaning off the trackball sensor (was dirty), so I have a new LCD on the way. Please give feedback, and tell me what you think!
    01-13-10 11:14 PM
    Hey I'm really interested as to where you got this case. I got a black 8130 case but it was of poor quality and the keypad didn't fit (it was for the 8120 which has a different keypad setup)

I just ended up getting an OEM silver housing.

Let me know, I want to do this.
    01-14-10 01:19 AM
    cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    01-14-10 04:31 AM
    Hey I'm really interested as to where you got this case. I got a black 8130 case but it was of poor quality and the keypad didn't fit (it was for the 8120 which has a different keypad setup)

I just ended up getting an OEM silver housing.

Let me know, I want to do this.
    well I bought this housing on ebay, as it was the ONLY place I could find a fill black housing that included no branding, and the speaker/flash components allready installed. Heres a link 4 ya.
    h**p://cgi.ebay.com/Full-Housing-for-BlackBerry-Pearl-8110-8120-8130-Black_W0QQitemZ180448354329QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_ Accessories?hash=item2a038f6019
    01-14-10 07:05 AM
    looks really good!
    01-14-10 07:23 AM
    Thanks man Il post more pics of the theme I have on it now (same theme as tour, well, prdy damn close to it!) when I get the new LCD for it in a fiew days!
    01-14-10 03:54 PM
    Sweet! Looks real good.
    01-14-10 05:04 PM
    That's cool and a good deal you got on the phone
    01-14-10 05:06 PM
    thanks! And I added the Precision 6 theme, so looks JUST like my tour!
    01-14-10 05:35 PM
    How easy was it to replace the housing? As I was thinking of getting a Black housing for my Pearl as a spare, or maybe to give my Pearl the look of the newer Black BlackBerrys. I'm also using the precision 6 theme.

Roland
    01-17-10 04:46 AM
    Do anyone know if I can Use my Blackberry Pearl 8100 with the Boostmobile network? I got my other blackberry 8330 to work, but that phone was from nextel. I have all the apps and mms setting saved. Just dont want to buy it and it want work? any suggestions?? Thanks
    01-17-10 07:57 AM
    How easy was it to replace the housing? As I was thinking of getting a Black housing for my Pearl as a spare, or maybe to give my Pearl the look of the newer Black BlackBerrys. I'm also using the precision 6 theme.

Roland
    To be honest, I do alot or repair work for people, from phones, to laptops, and I have to say taking the case off the pearl and swapping it was almost one of the easiest things to swap out. You just pop off the bottom branded piece, take out the 4 screws, pop off the sides, and then it comes apart in two pieses, and its completely off. took me like only 5 minutes to swap the case.
    01-17-10 09:59 AM
    Thank's might get up the courage to take it apart one day.

Roland
    01-17-10 12:30 PM

Roland
    No problem! And I hope to post more ics as soon as I get the new LCD (should be tomorrow)
    01-17-10 05:49 PM
    WOW, that kicks ***!! I just got an 8130 and will definitely be on look out for this housing as I wanted a fresh one for my pearl anyhow. I can't wait to see the precision 6 pics! Goodluck putting in the new LCD
    01-18-10 03:32 PM

Roland
    To be honest, I do alot or repair work for people, from phones, to laptops, and I have to say taking the case off the pearl and swapping it was almost one of the easiest things to swap out. You just pop off the bottom branded piece, take out the 4 screws, pop off the sides, and then it comes apart in two pieses, and its completely off. took me like only 5 minutes to swap the case.

Roland
    No problem! And I hope to post more ics as soon as I get the new LCD (should be tomorrow)
    Bought a Black Housing and Pearl off ebay yesterday, �1.99GBP for the Black Pearl and �15.65GBP for the Black Housing, now can not wait for them to come all the way from Hong Kong. Had a bit of a practice at taking the Mic cover off my Pearl this morning, it's a b***h to get off, even after 2 or three goes, but seems easy as p**s to remove the rest of the housing.

Roland
    01-18-10 04:36 PM
    Ohh, I thought these cases were normal. I have 2 pearls that were given to me for free. The 8100 was liquid (orange juice) damaged which I perfectly repaired. One is a 8100 and the other is an 8120. The original housings looked BAD, so I ordered new black cases for them for about 20 bucks each which included EVERYTHING including trackball, speakers, new flash bulbs, keypad, battery contacts, EVERYTHING. The only thing I reused was the circuit board and screen. Also, one of the pearls had a bad trackball dome (8120), so I ordered a pack of 10 domes and replaced the click domes on both, and the phones function and look 100% new. I thought these black housings were normal. Ohh and the last few pics you see, are the phones with snap-on clear protective shells and screen protectors ($1.99 + free shipping). They work wonders and keep the black housing 100% scratch free. I paid extra for the housings by ordering them from within the US. The ones from the US are about $20 + free shipping whereas Hong Kong is about $10 to $12. The ones from Hong Kong were really cheap in price, but didn't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. These got to me the next day.

The housings are very simple to replace. They both also each came with their own tools needed. If anyone is wondering, it uses a T6 Torx screwdriver. I also LOVE the trackballs that these housings came with. They aren't like the oem ones where they feel like "gears" moving. These aftermarket ones are SMOOTH with no roughness while scrolling. They feel just like the Sidekick trackballs. Also, the HARDEST part with replacing the housings was making sure I didn't get any lint or fingerprints on the bare LCD screen, or the back side of the housing LCD lens. It is a ***** to get it 100% perfectly clear if you get a fingerprint on it and you try to remove dust or a finger print. If you want a perfect job, do NOT touch the screen at ALL!

^^^8120 on the left, and 8100 on the right^^^

^^ From left to right, 8100, 8120, 8100, 8120^^^

^^^8100 on the left, and 8120 on the right^^^

^^ From left to right, 8100, 8120, 8100, 8120^^^

^^^8100 on the left, and 8120 on the right^^^

Pack of 11 trackball "click" domes! (2 used already on the phones)
    Last edited by sageuvagony; 01-19-10 at 07:17 PM.
    01-19-10 01:23 PM
    @sageuvagony:
    Nice!! Do you have a link to the housing that comes with the unbranded bottom clip?! I tried someone's link to their seller, but it always redirected me as the seller was 'sold out'. And when I search ebay I never find a good one like that!
    Last edited by buzzed; 01-19-10 at 02:20 PM.
    01-19-10 02:18 PM
    Ohh, I thought these cases were normal. I have 2 pearls that were given to me for free. The 8100 was liquid (orange juice) damaged which I perfectly repaired. One is a 8100 and the other is an 8120. The original housings looked BAD, so I ordered new black cases for them for about 20 bucks each which included EVERYTHING including trackball, speakers, new flash bulbs, keypad, battery contacts, EVERYTHING. The only thing I reused was the circuit board and screen. Also, one of the pearls had a bad trackball dome (8120), so I ordered a pack of 10 domes and replaced the click domes on both, and the phones function and look 100% new. I thought these black housings were normal. Ohh and the last few pics you see, are the phones with snap-on clear protective shells and screen protectors ($1.99 + free shipping). They work wonders and keep the black housing 100% scratch free. I paid extra for the housings by ordering them from within the US. The ones from the US are about $20 + free shipping whereas Hong Kong is about $10 to $12. The ones from Hong Kong were really cheap in price, but didn't want to wait 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. These got to me the next day.

The housings are very simple to replace. They both also each came with their own tools needed. If anyone is wondering, it uses a T6 Torx screwdriver. I also LOVE the trackballs that these housings came with. They aren't like the oem ones where they feel like "gears" moving. These aftermarket ones are SMOOTH with no roughness while scrolling. They feel just like the Sidekick trackballs. Also, the HARDEST part with replacing the housings was making sure I didn't get any lint or fingerprints on the bare LCD screen, or the back side of the housing LCD lens. It is a ***** to get it 100% perfectly clear if you get a fingerprint on it and you try to remove dust or a finger print. If you want a perfect job, do NOT touch the screen at ALL!
    NIce man! oh, and here are my updated pics! got the new LCD (damn ebay seller lied, wasnt new, was took from a old phone, but atleast it had NO damage, so good enough for me), and here it is with my tour!

(yes, that's my magic mouse in the background, even though I run it on my PC )
    01-19-10 04:20 PM
    @sageuvagony:
    Nice!! Do you have a link to the housing that comes with the unbranded bottom clip?! I tried someone's link to their seller, but it always redirected me as the seller was 'sold out'. And when I search ebay I never find a good one like that!
    Both came unbranded. I just re-used the oem tmobile bottom clip because I liked the writing on it, although my 8100 is now only a backup phone. The pic that shows the old housings actually has the brand new unbranded bottom clip thingy. It literally takes me about 5 seconds to take them off and switch them. They pop right off.

ebay Pearl 8120 housing

ebay Pearl 8100 housing

Those 2 were my exact listings I bought my housings off of. Holy moly it seems that they went up in price. The 8100 housing doubled. The 8100 housing auction shows that it has NO branding whatsoever but that's not the correct picture. It does in fact say "Blackberry" on the front and back like it should. It's unbranded as far as phone company though which is what you want, although the price is higher now. The 8120 still seems reasonable though.
    Last edited by sageuvagony; 01-19-10 at 05:33 PM.
    01-19-10 05:05 PM
    Wow, I didn't notice until just now that they actually sent me 11 domes instead of 10.

Ohh and now I'm possibly considering painting the silver ring black and coloring the ball black as well. I like yours. I've got plenty of spare balls and rings that I can experiment with
    01-19-10 05:23 PM
    WOW. I am just so mesmerized, I call those SEXY phones! Thanks a lot sageuvagony! I would like to verify this: 81xx are all 'interchangeable'? as in if I ordered 8100 housing it would fit on my 8130!? Just wanna make sure! haha. Once again guys, very impressive
    01-19-10 06:16 PM
    WOW. I am just so mesmerized, I call those SEXY phones! Thanks a lot sageuvagony! I would like to verify this: 81xx are all 'interchangeable'? as in if I ordered 8100 housing it would fit on my 8130!? Just wanna make sure! haha. Once again guys, very impressive
    8100's are very different from 8110, 8120, 8130 due to the later models having an external memory card reader, different camera position, and the 8100 only has 1 speaker whereas the later ones have 2 speakers on the back. The keypad has changed as well.

You'll find them pretty easy on ebay by simply typing in "black pearl housing" and just make sure you select your exact model.
    01-19-10 07:09 PM
    typing in "black pearl housing" and just make sure you select your exact model.
    Thanks a lot guys! I'll post some pics once I get this done, perhaps. (when all the parts come in, and by the time I pick them up it'll be a month from now )
    01-20-10 06:44 AM
    Just got my housing slapped on, I'll post pictures soon!
    Last edited by buzzed; 03-12-10 at 06:36 AM.
    03-11-10 04:49 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD