The screen goes black and a the red LED light comes up in the corner. Eventually it comes back on to a loading screen (the spinning hourglass). Then it says "Verifying Security Software", and then it says that the tests were passed. It doesn't really matter what application I'm in, it happens at random times, and it's very annoying, as it takes about 2 or 3 minutes to do it all. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
    Also, it used to do this and say "Media Card Removed" before I even had a memory card for it, which I thought was strange, and now that I have a memory card, it says Verifying Security Software or whatever it is.
    11-27-08 08:56 PM
    You may have a memory problem. Are your texts and emails erasing from your berry? What is your file free? If it is below 12000000 you have a memory issue. Check out this link on memory optimization. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:32 PM
    I have 12612869 file free.
    11-28-08 12:53 AM
    What do you have when your phone turns off. If you start getting below that number your phone will start deleting emails and SMS messages and eventually restart. Once your file free drops below 12000000 you should pull your battery or get the soft reset app. This will put your memory back up. Also follow some of the steps in the guide I posted above and you should be ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:19 AM
    I haven't really noticed it deleting any of my SMS messages or anything... But I'll try removing the battery and see if that works. And, just to clarify, I should pull my battery out when my file free gets below 12000000, every time that happens... but then again, I'm not really going to be looking at it that often.
    11-28-08 11:19 AM
    The pearl is known to have a memory leak. Pulling out the battery or using a program called soft reset is the only way to get the memory back.
    11-28-08 01:57 PM
    Oh, okay. Well, thanks for the advice.
    11-29-08 10:25 PM
    If you have a memory card reader; try reformatting you SD card. Blackberry's can be rather sensitive when it comes to the memory cards. This should clear that up and your BBN will be back to normal
    11-30-08 06:38 PM
    I've already had to reformat my memory card a few times simply because it wouldn't let me access it. (there wasn't really much to lose considering I just got it.)
    11-30-08 06:53 PM
    my phone restarts when i insert my SD card but its perfectly okay when i dont have the card inside of it. what did i do wrong cause i have just recently updated my OS from 4.2 to 4.5 i think this is what caused it i need help asap please thanks
    01-24-09 12:24 AM
    I have had 2 pearls in the last year and a half. I loved the phone but it has issues. I've had all of the issues listed on the thread - losing text messages, losing phone log, the hour glass that spins and spins, the led light turning red and stopping everything. I would have to pull the battery and replace it. Then you have to wait for the hour glass spin and spin again. That's ok if it happens occassionally. When it starts happening every couple of days it gets real old real quick. I have changed to Curve 8330 this week but not sure I made the right choice. When I talk on the phone I get an echo of me talking. That's quite annoying. I can't pay attention to what the other person is saying because I can't hear them.
    01-24-09 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD