I don't know what the heck is going on with my phone!! it never has memory.. everytime i check the status it is at like 8,654,654!! its supposed to be WAY more than that.. i try battery pulls and it will go up to like 13,000,000 but then goes back down.. sometimes up... i have delete a lot of apps... i dont have any pics on my device memory i delete my texts and emails... browser cache... delete everything in my security options... so i dont know what it is!!! and lately in the last week my phone wont call anyone when i press talk teh first time.. then it will say "call failed" or just not call.. andi have never had this problem with Sprint or any other phone ive had.. i don't know whats going on and im getting really upset=[
    04-23-09 02:48 PM
    Sounds like you've done all the right things. I've always thought that 8130s have been very prone to memory issue. I would try to see if Sprint will let you exchange it for a Curve 8330.

You should also make sure you are closing applications out all the way. If you have an application like Facebook, or the browser that uses a lot of data, it can be detrimental to the memory if not closed.

What apps do you have installed? Any third party themes?
    04-23-09 03:40 PM
    no.. just pandora and that was today.. i do close all my apps.. you can't fully close the browser.. there are 4 or 5 apps that can never be fully closed and i always close mine=\ this sucks
    04-23-09 04:01 PM
    That's everything I would have done. Best solution would be to try and get your hands on an 8330. It has 96mb of device memory vs. the 64mb an 8130 has. Wish I could think of something more to help.
    04-23-09 04:15 PM
    ya that is the one bad thing about the pearl i can only have two apps downloaded on it and the memory is about 11megs and i dont want to go under that
    04-23-09 06:34 PM
    Download Max mem it will clear up someSpace. There is also a thread to read about increasing your file free numbers. After re boot I'm at 22, but I deleted parts of the OS that I don't need or use

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 12:15 AM
    Memory management is important to all of us.

If you have not already upgraded to v4.5xx device software, that will make a huge difference in your free memory. Many of the memory issues have been addressed with the new software upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    04-24-09 10:59 AM
    You should also do an Alt LGLG, it brings up another log that tracks everything you've done on your phone. When the screen comes up, it'll show a list of everything that it's logged, if you hit the BB menu button it'll bring up: Clear Log, Refresh, Options and Close, obviously the first time clear the log, then go to options, that will bring up another screen of all the applications that it keeps a log on, then hit the BB menu button again and choose Hide all types, it will no longer track anything and not wipe out your memory. I was having problems with memory and the guy at the store showed me this, it had tracked everything I'd done with the phone since I got it, alarms, pics, camera usage, locking, pretty much every keystroke.
    Last edited by MamaB; 04-24-09 at 02:39 PM.
    04-24-09 02:35 PM
    oh and then save and close
    04-24-09 02:39 PM
    alt lg lg is helpful but doesnt help by clearing it that much yes over a long stretch it will but it only takes up a few kbs thats about it
    04-24-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD