I've had this Pearl 8130 for 2 weeks now. Like all things it's not perfect but one thing I like is when looking up a number all I had to do is tap the corisponding number/letter and any name with that letter would be listed. I'd scroll down to the name I needed and if 2 numbers were loaded a drop down list would appear.

I decided to add contacts from Outlook 2003. Set up a folder to sync to in Outlook did the sync and now I have to go to Address Book type in a letter or letters locate the name click on that then select which number to dial.

If I would say simply tap the 1 key I get *No Addresses* Then if I tap the what I call the "Go back button" I get the listing.

How can I get back to the original settings??
    02-09-08 07:38 AM
    I just checked mine, and there is no setting I could see to make this work. I take it you've already tried the simple battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on)?
    02-09-08 08:44 AM
    Nope

Haven't tried that. There's other things that the phone decided to change on it's own and haven't read enough on BB to know what a battery pull does.

Thanks for the responce.

I looked everywhere in the bowles of this thing and can't find any setting that used common English that would direct me where I want to go.

I just checked mine, and there is no setting I could see to make this work. I take it you've already tried the simple battery pull (take the battery out while the device is on)?
    02-09-08 11:31 AM
    in address book press menu and filters and see if any set if so turn all off
    02-09-08 11:46 AM
    Did you happen to also change your theme? If you did, that changes a lot more than just your wallpaper and the way your icons display.
    02-09-08 02:36 PM
    No I made that mistake already. I went there just now and there's a new one labled "CK" None are checked although.

in address book press menu and filters and see if any set if so turn all off
    02-09-08 05:34 PM
    Did you happen to also change your theme? If you did, that changes a lot more than just your wallpaper and the way your icons display.
    Yep I've played with all the loaded themes and went back to the original. This issue wasn't there on any of the other themes although. This all came up after sync with Outlook. Maybe I'll try a restore. I backed up before I did the sync.

I suppose with the restore I'll loose my new contacts.

I find it strange there's no help from Blackberry. The only way to get answers is on Web Forums.
    02-09-08 05:40 PM
    go to your address part and when it wont pull up your address part then click your menu part and it will say filter and then click it and then it will take you to another screen and click menu agian and clear the filter .... ijust did it and i finally got back my address book
    12-27-08 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD