I've checked all the profiles and everything. It's all on. My phone makes beeps when I entering a phone number but won't ring. I keep missing important calls and it's getting annoying. I have the very latest of OS's for it too. I'm about to load an mp3 on it and see if that plays just for craps and giggles.

Anybody else with this issue or know how to fix it?
    09-23-09 09:45 AM
    Have you tired a battery pull?!
    09-23-09 09:51 AM
    Did you recently put a new theme on it? Do you have an app on there that vibrates and rings at same time ? Those could be the causes if not I would as thinkamp said do a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 09:55 AM
    Coruptyed you are following me around a lot this morning! Hope you are having a good day!
    09-23-09 10:00 AM
    I just tried playing two different mp3s both which got this message.

"Error Playing.
    Device media processor is busy"

I haven't pulled the battery in a while. Let me give that a shot.
    09-23-09 10:01 AM
    We have a winner with the battery pull. Why I didn't think of that is beyond me with all the tech stuff I work on. Thank you so much! I was getting tired of missing calls from my doctor and then calling back to track him down!

WOOHOO! Thanks folks!
    09-23-09 10:06 AM
    Always remember that a battery pull is chicken soup for your bb.
    09-23-09 10:10 AM
    That error has a different meaning. See here in the RIM knowledgebase

View Document

Do you have one of those mp3's as your ringtone? Maybe that is why it won't play.
    09-23-09 10:15 AM
    That error has a different meaning. See here in the RIM knowledgebase

Do you have one of those mp3's as your ringtone? Maybe that is why it won't play.
    nope, i loaded the mp3s as a test only. i try to keep it clear of media b/c i have an ipod for that!
    09-23-09 10:39 AM
    btw, the mp3s play fine now too. something must have just got funked up.
    09-23-09 10:40 AM
    Coruptyed you are following me around a lot this morning! Hope you are having a good day!
    Haha its what I do I am how about you? Lol

And glad you got the issue resolved battery pulls fix 95 percent of BB problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 11:49 AM
    Yea, I've been dealing with the exact thing since Aug. 10th. It's called send it in for an exchange if you can. I haven't had mine for a full year and started having all kinds of problems including the "Error playing ...Device media busy...." I noticed mine would go haywire when I would add a new ringtone to a new contact or change a ringtone. It would even deactivate my Alarm Clock and didn't know it until I was waking up late for work!! Unfortunately its a defect of somekind. I found a few other colleagues that had the Pearl who were former Alltel customers(as myself) and we ALL were having the same issues. Pulling the battery and resetting it is the "quickest" way to resolve it but it can get tiresome doing this everytime. As I said I've had issues with mine since early August and I am now on a first name basis with the salesmen at my local store. I stumped one guy who claimed he knew everything about BB. I have 2 more times to exchange mine(total of 4) before I can get new model. Otherwise I will be forking out a few hundred.

SO, that in a nutshell are the options from what I've found.

Hope this helps you some. Good luck!
    09-24-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD