I don't know if my pearl is going tu or if this happens to every bb user regardless of the phone model.

My phone will turn off by itself and only a battery pull, sometimes after many tries, will get it to turn back on. When its charging sometimes I'll wake up and it'll be dead and only after I unplug the charging cable from the phone and do a battery pull will it turn back on. It freezes when there's an incoming call, and again I have to do another battery pull.

I want to try the Curve 8900 but I don't know if i'll get the same problems with that phone as well. My pearl is only a year old and the only third party apps I have are: facebook, opera, twitterberry (now openbeak), and msn messenger.

Any ideas?
    11-22-09 10:12 PM
    Pearls really suffer from low free memory. If you haven't done it, perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. That will help you free up memory and may solve your problem. I don't understand the problem getting it to turn back on after a battery pull. That suggest an electrical problem with the device, possibly a bad battery terminal pin.
    11-22-09 10:36 PM
    If your file free memory is ok, you may have a corrupted file on your media card, also. Try removing it and see if it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ is in order if your FFM is low.

Facebook has been the downfall of many a Pearl, that is a possible culprit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 10:54 PM
    Thanks guys. I'll check out your tips and try them out and hopefully that'll work! Think I'll have better luck with the 8900?? I love my berry and don't want to go to another brand like iphone or htc!
    11-22-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD