CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Music player glitch?

Hey all, got a strange problem w my 8130. When listening to my mp3's via my v moda vibe duo headset, the song sounds like its skipping because it cuts out for a second but after a while I realised that it actually is switching to the speakerphone for a second then returning to the earbuds. It does this completely randomly on any mp3. You can listen to the same song twice, sometimes it does it others not...? The music is on my 4GB micro sd Maybe I should just take it in and they'll give me a new bberry? Sorry if this is a repost, didn't have time to check all 30 pages on my opera mini browser.... When I get home from work ill try it w the stock headset to make sure its not the v modas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

I had this problem with my 8830 a cupouple of days ago, but my headphone would jut not work at all. This was the morning after I put about 250 songs on my SD Card. I kept the BB on during school, and pretty much let the media player and the BB rest. When I put the headphones in that afternoon, they worked perfectly. So I really don't know what I did. Maybe it is just the headphones. Hope everything gets solved.

CrackBerry User

Does ur vmoda headphones have threads at the bottom of the connector?...like for an adapter to a 2.5mm connector?...or just the design of the housing for the connector seem like it prevents it from entering the sound port all the way?, or a case on ur phone thats blocking the port as well??...That's what ur problem sounds like to me
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Nah not a connection issue, confirmed this morning that it does the same thing using stock headset. Gonna back up all my data n get a new one at verizon today. Hopefully I didn't void the warranty w the .81 upgrade, hopefully they don't check that

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    On request only

The skipping or stuttering is caused by the memory being used by the radio for communications with the cell towers. If you watch when you get the skipping, you will see the transmit/receive arrows in the upper right corner.
    Definition of insanity - Doing something over and over, expecting a different result everytime.
    Retired Forums Moderator

Global Posts
    14,988 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PavementPilot View Post
    The skipping or stuttering is caused by the memory being used by the radio for communications with the cell towers. If you watch when you get the skipping, you will see the transmit/receive arrows in the upper right corner.

Yep I get it with the standard media player and also flipside, with countless emails and messages coming in mine does it allot. When working out I just turn the radio off and no problems. so it in a data connection issue, and that is what causes it....

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Already thought of that but as I said in the OP its not actually skipping. its switching from ear buds to speaker phone for just a second which sounds like skipping through the headphones. I turn the radio off when I ride the subway, and it still does it then. I appreciate u taking the time to try to help though. You may be right about the memory however as it seems to do it more when my memory starts to dip downward toward 10mb.

CrackBerry Newbie

I have found that music glitch was due to the IM + Chat Apps installed on my 8830. Uninstalled it and my media player worked. Give it a try.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem but it always switches to speakerphone at the end of a song. I am using Xplayer (but happens with bb mp as well) and it happens if I am using headphones or computer speakers. I also do not use or have any chat apps installed.
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,096 Global Posts

I have heard of the music stuttering/glitch quite often with people that are on the BIS. I'm on the BES and I never had any issues and I constantly have my Berry playing music thru my car stereo.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I have posted about this very problem, and have tried numerous things. My problem was that instead of skipping, it would reboot in the subway (or when the radio signal was lost). I bought the LG headphone adapter that was recommended to me, and it stopped rebooting, but still skips when I'm in the subway, when it loses signal and the radio is trying to get a connection. I have tried turning off the data connection, and it still skips. I sent an email to RIM about it, but no reply (not surprised). Does anyone have any ideas? Can anyone confirm that the BIS network skips and the BES doesn't? (I'm on BIS)

nhil
    CrackBerry User

Default Having similar problem...

I've now gone through all levels of the blackberry tech support and don't have resolution yet. My skipping problem happens while using my motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset. I've tried other headsets (also S9's, it's all T-Mobile sells), and I've tried it with other 8120's.

It's not a signal problem either. I can reproduce the problem when I'm off the network or even if I yank the sim card. I've removed all unnecessary apps. I've turned off all services. no wifi, no email, no nothing... and the problem persists.

RIM is reviewing the event logs that I captured right after the problem occurred.

One thing I learned from RIM customer service: T-Mobile is selling the Motorola S9 headset, but it's NOT BEEN TESTED with the 8120 headset! wow.

--Larry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    PIN
    3041444a

Exclamation I know what it is, but not why.

I know what is causing this.

I started riding the bus recently and this started to happen. I would be listening to something and then the audio would switch to the speaker. Very annoying!

I thought maybe it was data, so I turned off the radio. Still happened. I made sure and closed all extra programs. Still happened. I noticed it would stop as soon as I got off the bus. So then I thought it was some sort of techie GPS radio interference from the bus. But then while waiting for a bus a loud car passed by and it happened.

Then it occurred to me what is going on. The mic on our headsets is picking up ambient sounds. When things get really loud, for some reason the blackberry switches to speakerphone. You can replicate this problem by cupping you hands around the mic and blowing or making a loud noice while music is playing. Happens every time. I have done it with V-Moda's and the stock BB headset.

My question is why does this happen and can it be fixed? This was an old post, so it probably not an OS thing since I have a fairly recent version (4.5.0.77). I know there is a newer version, but I guessing this might have been missed.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    PIN
    3041444a

Little update, I just used the self testing app and it shows a"headset disconnection" when I make a loud noice.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pmjohnson99 View Post
    I know what is causing this.

I started riding the bus recently and this started to happen. I would be listening to something and then the audio would switch to the speaker. Very annoying!

I thought maybe it was data, so I turned off the radio. Still happened. I made sure and closed all extra programs. Still happened. I noticed it would stop as soon as I got off the bus. So then I thought it was some sort of techie GPS radio interference from the bus. But then while waiting for a bus a loud car passed by and it happened.

Then it occurred to me what is going on. The mic on our headsets is picking up ambient sounds. When things get really loud, for some reason the blackberry switches to speakerphone. You can replicate this problem by cupping you hands around the mic and blowing or making a loud noice while music is playing. Happens every time. I have done it with V-Moda's and the stock BB headset.

My question is why does this happen and can it be fixed? This was an old post, so it probably not an OS thing since I have a fairly recent version (4.5.0.77). I know there is a newer version, but I guessing this might have been missed.
    nice work man! i thru the ipod headphones on my pearlie.. that would be the easiest workaround i guess..
    Another day another SoftReset