I like SureType but my problem is looking up medications in a drug dictionary, for example I try to type tramadol, the t comes up, but when I hit the ER key the e comes up twice and I can't make it switch to r. It's very frustrating because I can't just go add thousands of medications to my dictionary, and scrolling through hundreds of T medications to get to the TR ones is a pain. Does anyone know of a quick key command to switch from ST to MT? Or should I just switch to MT before I go to the dictionary?
    11-18-08 01:00 PM
    I know what you are saying, but have you ever tried to continue typing the entire word before you look at the screen? I just typed "tramadol" and when I hit the last "l" the word was spelled correctly...all I did was continue to hit the letters without worrying about what was on the screen. It seems like 9 times out of 10 it does figure out what the word is you want. As I typed, it wasn't until I hit the last letter that it came out correctly spelled.

I know those medical terms are tricky and I don't know about how many are in the ST dictionary and it would be a pain to have to hand type each one...it would be nice if you could download a medical dictionary that the ST would refer to. But try a couple more, resisting the temptation to change anything until you type in the last letter and it may surprise you what is actually stored there...such as tramadol! It was the hardest habit for me to break, but once you can "trust" ST, and just keep typing, it actually works. Good Luck!
    11-19-08 09:27 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD