Hi All...I'm a newbie, my Pearl should be in today, finally.

I'm switching from the Motorola Q to the Pearl as the subject shows. Question, on the Q I use VZW's WirelessSync and don't think this is avail on Pearl/RIM...what's the best way to get my contacts transferred from one to another?

Thanks.
    12-17-07 10:47 AM
    Same situation as you. I 'think' you can transfer your contacts from VZW to outlook or similar email client. (there is a universal format, that the name escapes me) From that point, it is fairly simple to add them to blackberry.
    12-17-07 11:32 AM
    Same situation as you. I 'think' you can transfer your contacts from VZW to outlook or similar email client. (there is a universal format, that the name escapes me) From that point, it is fairly simple to add them to blackberry.
    After checking, you can set outlook to retrieve your contacts from your Q by setting up the outlook as an email client. I also imagine you can pull the contacts using active sync on your pc. ( i remember being able to sync the contacts via USB cable.)
    12-17-07 01:59 PM
    I third this! I'm going to be switching from my Q to a Pearl and was wondering about transferring the contacts. I have all mine on the SD card, I wonder if I can transfer them that way?
    12-17-07 06:00 PM
    When you receive your Blackberry you will have to download the Desktop Manager onto your PC. Once you Download this you will be able to use the "Switch Device Wizard" This will allow you to transfer your contacts.
    12-17-07 06:36 PM
    I tried that and no good...probably on the Q side.

Another question though...anyway to silence keypad when you make your own profile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-07 05:11 PM
    I also have a Q and am transferring contacts to my new 8130 but I only have one USB and no Outlook. The Q came with a USB but the 8130 didn't. Any suggestions for transfer? Thank you.
    02-21-08 08:53 PM
    I had a Q, and when I used it I synced it with Outlook, and also exported it as an Excel file.. When I got my BB, i told it to look at Outlook, and it synced everything up, even the contact pictures..

if you're really in a jam, I know you can test Office 2007 for free for at least 3 weeks, so you can download that, rip your contacts to Outlook, then sync your BB to it...

I also know one person who used the online backup for Verizon contacts, and it did not work for them to sync with their new BB, so I would say your best bet is to export, then import...

best of luck
    02-22-08 04:25 AM
    If you take it to a Verizon store, they can do it for you...they did mine for me. And you are correct that Backup Assistant doesn't work with BlackBerrys, unfortunately.
    02-22-08 07:31 AM
    i ended up having vzw transfer my contacts. thank you everyone for the suggestions.
    02-22-08 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD