Does it shock anyone?
    probably not.

my trackball wont scroll down at all and I dont know what to do.
    I tried cleaning it I did a battery pull to see if maybe it was just acting up, I tried scrolling to one side and down at the same time, I tried pushing a little bit.. everything I could think of. It still wont work, it hasnt worked for about 2 days now and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone please help me?
    Its not just it wont scroll down because it sticks (which it does stick when I try, making it impossible to even attempt) but its also when it does allow you to scroll down, it scrolls up instead. (Like when im clearly scrolling down on my message list it is scrolling up instead)

Please help me out, I can't do anything on my phone pretty much because of it.

Thank you in advance.
    03-05-09 03:16 PM
    Jana, if your device is out of warranty or you don't have insurance for repairs, you might consider ordering a new trackball from eBay for about $5. If your are uncomfortable with DIY, call your local store and ask how much they would charge you to repair it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:26 PM
    I went to a local store and asked and they tried to charge me 99.00 for the trackball.... Be cautious if the price is too high!! Its very easy and cheap to replace it yourself..
    03-05-09 03:30 PM
    Everytime i go to the store for any type of problem with the phone, they tell me there is nothing they can do about it. I've went around 10 times now for various reasons/problems with the phone and everytime they tell me they can not help me out. I do not even know where to begin on how to replace a trackball either.
    03-05-09 03:31 PM
    When your trackball acts up just pull the battery while the phone is on it normally solves that problem.

If its just one direction that is problematic sometimes you need to push it in all the way then scroll the direction that doesn't work sometimes it catches and that releases the ball
    03-05-09 03:36 PM
    It's ok, some of the stores can be very boneheaded about these things. I logged off so that I could go look up things and maybe get you some help. I'll be back again in a bit, if someone doesn't have another answer, so don't despair.

03-05-09 03:41 PM
    Ok, this should help you. Until a few minutes ago, I'd not done this myself, so I will walk you thru it.

You will need something like an eyeglasses screwdriver or an instrument with a small tip.

Hold Pearl or place it on table in front of you. Use your small tip and insert under edge of chrome ring @ bottom right or left between it and housing and pry up gently.

Ring will pop up, gently lift off, do not twist, you could break the clips!

Place hand over Pearl and turn it face down, TB will drop into hand.

To replace, look at the back of TB, there is a metal circle with a tab in center, the tab goes toward bottom of device, drop it in the TB slot.
    Click to light your screen and scroll to test.

Replace ring and align the tabs, left-right-bottom.
    Center finger or thumb on ring, press down gently until you hear the click.

Enjoy your new trackball!
    I'll check back if you have any questions' or just PM me.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-05-09 at 05:04 PM.
    03-05-09 04:57 PM
    Im not trying to be rude, but please just READ before you reply.
    I clearly said I had already tried doing a battery pull and pushing it in, nothing is working. I stated a lot of things I've tried so please don't suggest the same thing.
    03-05-09 07:16 PM
    yeah im to scared to break my phone to do that, but thank you.. plus it doesnt make sense to me. Im not technology smart at all. Ill just take it in tomorrow and if they refuse to help i will pm you and see if you can help a bit more.

Thank you so much
    If anyone else has more suggestions though PLEASEEE keep going, I still want help instead of paying for it to get fixed if it isnt 100% needed.
    03-05-09 07:19 PM
    Go on you tube there are a lot of videos on taking your track ball out. Watch them it isn't as hard as it looks. I was the same way and the salesman at AllTel wouldn't do it for me and I found out that most of them didn't know how to do it either so I got to teach some of them after I learned how.

03-05-09 08:22 PM
    I was nervous about messing things up myself Jana. I'm out on the road all the time, so taking a chance with my BB is the last thing I wanted to do.

I was surprised how easy things were to take apart. The trackball is a small assembly just held in by the retaining ring.
    Do you, perchance, use eyeliner, from time to time? This is much easier than that.

So if you can't get satisfaction from your local help, we'll help you to the best of our ability.

You have a good evening and don't let things get you down.

03-05-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD