http://solutions.vzwshop.com/vzstart/bb/im/download.aspx

Mobile IM that includes AIM, yahoo and windows live.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 07:54 PM
    Be advised of the Terms and Conditions on that page. Those Verizon apps use SMS messaging NOT data.

I'm going to hold out to see if RIM releases an AIM & Live Messenger client for the 8130 using data as they've done with Yahoo! Messenger. Of course hoping that Verizon will then make the service books available.
    12-27-07 08:11 PM
    Be advised of the Terms and Conditions on that page. Those Verizon apps use SMS messaging NOT data.

I'm going to hold out to see if RIM releases an AIM & Live Messenger client for the 8130 using data as they've done with Yahoo! Messenger. Of course hoping that Verizon will then make the service books available.
    You beat me to it Geek! I was gonna say VZW does not offer a mobile IM client that doesnt use SMS! However you can get Jivetalk from BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go which will allow you to use your data plan. It cost $20.00 but well worth it! I used it when I was with VZW!
    12-27-07 08:14 PM
    However you can get Jivetalk... It cost $20.00 but well worth it!
    Yep.. JiveTalk is a great alternative, but I'm feeling particularly cheap these days
    12-27-07 08:37 PM
    Having unlimited texting is helpful these days... costly, but helpful lol.
    12-27-07 08:59 PM
    Gotta give a plug for EQO. Might fill your multiple IM needs without having to pay for JiveTalk.

Free or cheap international mobile calls, texts and IM - EQO
    12-27-07 09:26 PM
    Yahoo messenger does use data on VZW it does not use txt. All BB use data for im.
    12-27-07 09:51 PM
    Yahoo messenger does use data on VZW it does not use txt. All BB use data for im.
    yep your right
    12-27-07 10:18 PM
    Not entirely true. It depends what application of Yahoo! Messenger you're using. The RIM application of Yahoo from mobile.blackberry.com does in fact use data, the VZW app downloaded from the link in the original post uses SMS. Check the Terms & Conditions in that link.
    12-28-07 07:16 AM
    Doesn't sound too promising.
    Last edited by AdamCKach; 07-31-11 at 04:39 AM.
    12-28-07 10:01 AM
    I have had Verizon for over 8 years and I have loaded the Yahoo im client from that web site, and have not used any text messages. Maybe the disclaimer is for regular phones, which do use text messaging for im. But not the BB.
    01-02-08 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD