I have a strang question....
    When I received my new Pearl, I imediately went the the BB/Sprint site and enrolled my gmail account so that I will see incoming emails on the BB home page.. / Messages

But then I just noticed that Gmail has mobile services including a downloadable version of Gmail....
    Mobile

Does this mean that if I download this mobile service from GMail, I will see the Gmail icon on my phone?

I gues I can illiminate the BB mail push then.

Am I right in this thought process?
    12-17-07 10:11 AM
    Yes you can use the Gmail app and after you install it you will find the icon on your home screen. It won't alert you when new mail arrives however, so if you like the instant notification don't delete your push account.
    12-17-07 11:45 AM
    You're right that you can use the gmail app to access your mail but without the push setup you wouldn't get the instant delivery of mail that we all like so much. You also wouldn't be able to read your email without data coverage.

That said, I use both. I use my push for the quick delivery and I use the gmail app when I want to access my older messages that are stored in my gmail mailbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-07 11:51 AM
    Thanks. I will skip it for now then.
    12-17-07 12:04 PM
    i use both - I keep the gmail app on my BB just in case i need full access to my account. 90% of the time i let the BB do the work...
    12-17-07 06:31 PM
    the new gMail mobile has a 'new message notification' where you will see a little red star next to the gMail icon on the home screen. Nice. I've used the Gmail app on my old 8700, but sice i got the Curve I have not installed it - the BB push works fine for me, and if i need to look through my old old gmail emails, there is always a computer around somewhere...
    12-18-07 01:36 AM
    I also noticed that once I installed the gmail app, when I modify a profile, there is now an option to set a tone/vib for "Gmail - new mail." I haven't tried it, but that's pretty cool if it actually does alert you when there is new mail. The reality is, I have my gmail account setup on my BIS account so it's not necessary, but it seems like it would be a good option for non BIS gmail accounts.
    12-18-07 09:58 AM
    I love mobile gmail, but can't seem to figure out how to make that my only e-mail notifier on my pearl 8130. How do I get rid of the default one that tells me every time I send a message? (PS: yes, I am very new to BB. Just switched from Palm. Love BB, but having a bit of a time learning the new thinking).
    02-04-08 10:59 PM
    To take the notifiers off go to Profiles>Advanced and select the profile you want to edit. Then select the mailbox and change the notification to none.
    02-05-08 03:15 PM
    Question: In the past two weeks, i've had to perform a hard reset (pulling out phone's battery while phone is still on) because my emails werent getting pushed to my phone. so upon my phone reboot process, i noticed a message that says, "verifying security software" and then there's a status bar to show the progress of the process; and then after the bar reaches 100%, a message reads "security tests passed".

upon either my soft or hard resets in the past on this phone; i never had this message appear on my reboot screen...so why is it showing up now? is it related to google being installed on my phone??
    02-07-08 03:15 PM
    You CAN make Gmail give you instant notification. All you have to do is go into gmail after you download it. Open the options and click the instant notification in options. Thank go into your profile options and you can edit how it notifies you. I had been using this gmail download for my gmail account but after using it I prefer the BB way. Hope this helps....as it frustrated me as well until I found the option to turn on notification.
    02-07-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD