I have just currently bought a pearl and can't figure out how to send a pitcure text verses a picture attachment in e-mail format.
    06-10-08 12:13 AM
    With Sprint, MMS is not supported on the Pearl so the only way to send a picture is through e-mail.
    06-10-08 12:32 AM
    Go to your media>pictures>open the picture you want>scroll down to "send as MMS"

you're done!
    hope this helps.
    06-10-08 12:33 AM
    Oh damn.
    I didn't notice you were sprint
    :[
    06-10-08 12:33 AM
    What carrier do you have? Sprint does not allow Picture texting (MMS).

That being said there are many ways to do both. For the sake of simplicity, I'll give you just two route:

OPTION ONE - From the Address Book:
    *Open your address book.
    *Locate and open the entry for the person you want to email or MMS.
    *Push the menu button (to the left of the trackball, with the blackberry logo on it)
    *Select MMS Recipient Name or Email Recipient Name.

OPTION TWO - From the Messages Folder:
    *Open the messages folder.
    *Push the menu button (to the left of the trackball, with the blackberry logo on it). *Select Compose Email or Compose MMS.
    *If you choose Compose MMS you will be taken automatically to the address book to select your recipient.
    *If you choose Compose Email you will have to click the trackball in the To: field to be taken to the address book in order to select your recipient(s).

Once you have your blank message open and want to add your attachment you just click the Menu button and select Attach File (for Email) or Attach (file type) for MMS.

Good luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 12:36 AM
    Well, all of that typing for naught! I sure wish I could see a person's carrier from the WAP site!!

Oh well...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 12:39 AM
    Pashin, if you select e-mail in either of your two methods does the process end up sending the attached picture to the phone of the recipient even if they do not have the ability to receive e-mail on their phone?

Please forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. I am new to the BB comunity.
    06-10-08 07:52 AM
    You sort of answered your own question. If they don't have email on their phone then they can't get email on their phone. So, it would send it to whatever email address you put in the "To:" field.

Now, some providers give their users an email address which DOES go to their phone. It looks like this: [email protected] (that's Verizon's format) where the X's are the receipients phone number. This, I believe, will deliver the message like a txt or mms.
    06-10-08 08:50 AM
    Thanks I will check with Alltel.
    06-10-08 03:07 PM
    The Alltel emails are "[email protected]" They should of set one up when they set up your service.
    06-10-08 03:13 PM
    Is not supported with Sprint...............
    06-10-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD