g'day,
    I have a 8110 and was moving some of the home screen icons into a new folder and now they have all gone missing. The only symbols on the screen are bluetooth active , 1 received msg and the profiles icon in the top right of the screen.There is no response from the trackball and I can dial out from the home screen.
    I have pulled the battery but no effect.
    Any ideas?
    regards LW
    10-03-09 02:38 AM
    You have multiple issues, that should have no relation. The icons probably went hidden, from the home screen press the menu key, and select show all. The trackball, try turning the devise upsidedown, and while pressing it, roll it in all directions.
    10-03-09 09:54 AM
    G'day,
    there is no response from the menu key or the trackball.

regards,

LW
    10-03-09 04:50 PM
    Have you tried pulling the battery, while the device is on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 05:23 PM
    for the hidden files im definitley guessing like wolf said there probably just hidden inside the folder itself youll just need to unhide as far as you not being able to use trackball and menu key.. when you were moving the files it was working fine? battery pull while on like wolf said?
    if those dont fix it you may need to reload the OS as something may have corrupted inside of it..
    10-03-09 06:41 PM
    when you were moving the files it was working fine? battery pull while on like wolf said?
    if those dont fix it you may need to reload the OS as something may have corrupted inside of it..
    G'day,
    yep, working fine until then. Done the battery pull, nothing.
    How do I reload the OS ?

Anyone, please.
    Last edited by gti18e; 10-10-09 at 01:47 AM.
    10-03-09 07:26 PM
    Hey there,

for the original poster, i have an 8130, and i have the identical problem. I think that it is a problem with the phone. Removing the battery will do nothing(although that is always the first advice you will get). When you reinstall the OS, the icons will come back for a little while, and then dissappear later(days or weeks). I tried taking the phone in to have it replaced since it is so new, and i was told that it would take 8 weeks for them to repair it. Since all they will likely do is reinstall the OS, it will look like it works for a week or two and then likely crap out again once i get it back, i think that the best advice is buy something else next time. Lets just say that i am less than impressed with the customer service considering i got a defective product right out of the box and this is the best they can do.

Chris
    10-14-09 05:34 PM
    As far as the technique to reinstalling the OS, i would go to your wireless provider's website, and there should be links to follow to get to a page that tells you how to 'upgrade' your phones software

Chris
    10-14-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD