Hello,

I just exchanged my Pearl 8110 for a new one as the sound on my old one was terrible.

I did a backup and restore to the new phone.

However, my "setup email" icon is now missing...

I am currently on the BIS plan.

I've tried everything I can think of to find that icon or where I can go in and edit my email accounts.... no luck!

Please help!

Thanks,

Jay
    03-13-08 10:20 AM
    is there a way to reinstall it through dm ?
    03-13-08 10:24 AM
    What kind of wireless signal do you have now? gprs/edge or GPRS/EDGE?

Try Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > click menu button > Register Now
    03-13-08 10:25 AM
    is there a way to reinstall it through dm ?
    No, there is not.
    The Setup Email icon comes from a service book, delivered wirelessly via the carrier.
    03-13-08 10:25 AM
    Also, make sure it's not hidden.

From home screen:
    Menu -> Menu -> Show All

If it's hidden highlight your setup mail icon and hit Menu and unselect the Hide option.
    03-13-08 10:32 AM
    Hey guys,

The phone currently showing EDGE. (But I think sometimes it shows 'edge' as well??)

I have already checked and it is not hidden.

I just re-registered with the network as the above post said... Host Routing Table...
    Last edited by jaydow11; 03-13-08 at 10:52 AM.
    03-13-08 10:49 AM
    Sorry, I probably should have mentioned that I originally set up my yahoo and hotmail accounts through the blackberry setup wizard.

But they don't work so that's why I was trying to find the email options icon so I could delete them and set them back up...

Everything was working fine on my previous phone when I did the backup.

Jay
    03-13-08 10:55 AM
    If the phone shows edge (lower case letters) then you are not authenticated to RIM's network and will not be capable of BlackBerry data transfer.

EDGE (upper case) would mean you are authenticated to RIM's network and have full BlackBerry capabilities.

Try a battery pull... make sure you have EDGE when your device resets... then try doing the 'Register Now' from the HRT again.

Alternatively, you can also access your BIS email setup through a web browser on your computer.
    Just log in to your carrier's BIS portal using the same username/password that you set up on your device.
    03-13-08 10:55 AM
    If the phone shows edge (lower case letters) then you are not authenticated to RIM's network and will not be capable of BlackBerry data transfer.

EDGE (upper case) would mean you are authenticated to RIM's network and have full BlackBerry capabilities.

Try a battery pull... make sure you have EDGE when your device resets... then try doing the 'Register Now' from the HRT again.

Alternatively, you can also access your BIS email setup through a web browser on your computer.
    Just log in to your carrier's BIS portal using the same username/password that you set up on your device.
    Thanks for the help guys!

I tried to go onto my providers website to log in but it wasn't working...

I tried a battery pull this morning with no luck....

HOWEVER, I went in and deleted all of my email accounts... then just did another battery pull and it worked!

I now have my email options icon back!

Again, thanks for all the help!

Jay
    03-13-08 12:31 PM
    Hi there, I'm completely new to the Blackberry (I own the 8110 Pearl).

I'm with T-Mobile monthly contract. I phoned them today to upgrade my service to allow Emails on my Blackberry. However, I'm having real trouble setting it up. I have no 'Email Setup' logo on m menu (I have selected show all).

When I run the Wizard Setup I get to a page where it asks me 'do I want to set up a work email with BIS'. I'm not sure I understand how it works. I have paid extra to T-Mobile to use the email facility, do I also have to pay BIS?

Should T-Mobile provide me with a activation code or something?

Can anyone help please?
    04-05-08 06:19 AM
    I just went through the same thing w/ ATT. 8310 for 6 months and had to exchange it. PITA to get the email set up on the new phone not knowing what to do.
    This is what worked for me:
    1. Went to cingular.com/blackberrystart
    2. Log in with user name and p/w
    3. Select change device and enter PIN and IEMI # from new phone
    4. On left menu select "send service books"
    5. Voila...all accts. restored and working and "set up email" icon on screen.

Hope it works for you if you can gain access to the blackberry site.
    04-06-08 08:00 PM
    I can't find my email wizard set up icon, I know it's on my phone, because I went into options ->adv options -> applications and email set up application is there. It's not hidden...i checked there.

As read above, I don't know how to delete the two gmail icons for my personal and work emails that i had set up on my previous phone, before the restore from a backup was chosen.

To re-iterate.
    I am receiving no emails!
    Can't find a setup wizard
    Can't find email set up icon
    Don't know how to delete two email accounts currently already set up, but which don't work

Thanks!
    10-25-09 01:09 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. Is there any way to recover the email files to enable the email setup? I can see the set up but i don't have the option to set up an existing email.
    11-17-09 10:43 AM
    So i went into the sprint store. They said since I had restored old info to my new phone, I had to call blackberry support through sprint to reset the pin. Basically it looked like i was trying to hack into my account from another phone.

They said another option was to do it online through sprint.com....

I suppose it depends on who your phone contract is through.
    11-17-09 12:07 PM
    Digger, thank you so much! I followed steps 1-3, but in my account there was not a "Send Service Book" option. However, I hit Help at that point and an option for service books came up then. It worked perfectly!
    03-14-10 09:29 AM

Try Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > click menu button > Register Now

i had the same problem,, and thanks of your information, it has benn resolved

thank you
    04-11-10 01:20 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I tried that and my e-mail icon came back but now
    everytime I select internet mail account it goes back to the
    previous screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jhuaxchange; 11-22-11 at 04:27 AM.
    11-22-11 04:22 AM
    how do i delete email acc, in my storm 2?
    11-22-12 12:42 PM
    nothing happened !!!!
    06-26-13 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD