Ok, I just loaded the BlackBerry Alerts app through the Desktop Manager after being told on another thread that I needed to load my device software from the VZW site. I did all of that then the DM asked if I wanted to back up my device. . .this took forever and glitched for some reason and now I can't find my BB browser icon on my menu screen. . .I went to options>advanced options>applications and Browser is listed. . .how do I get the icon back for my home screen. I even checked the hidden icons and it is not hidden. Any advise?
    03-14-08 06:50 PM
    First try a battery pull and if that doesn't work try resending your service books.
    03-14-08 06:51 PM
    Ok, I just loaded the BlackBerry Alerts app through the Desktop Manager after being told on another thread that I needed to load my device software from the VZW site. I did all of that then the DM asked if I wanted to back up my device. . .this took forever and glitched for some reason and now I can't find my BB browser icon on my menu screen. . .I went to options>advanced options>applications and Browser is listed. . .how do I get the icon back for my home screen. I even checked the hidden icons and it is not hidden. Any advise?
    Battery Pull...if no go then menu>options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Tables>Register now.

If that fails and you are on BIS login and resend service books.

Good luck!
    03-14-08 06:52 PM
    ok, all better. . .things seem to be up and running just fine now. . .thanks for all of the great advise. . .I don't know what I would do without this site!
    03-14-08 08:08 PM
    As stated above, when in doubt, whip that battery out!
    03-14-08 08:53 PM
    Alright, i have the browser listed in my applications, but no icon in my menu. I have done a battery pull, i've sent and re-sent the service books, i've done the host routing tables thing all to no avail. My data plan is unlimited email and BB messenger, is it possible that Bell (my Canadian Service provider) has disabled the icon? When i press "ALT and BACK" the browser icon is there, but for the life of me i cannot get it in my menu. I went into a Bell store and the ladies there said 'oh, you don't want the browser. it's too expensive. no matter how many times i asked them how to get it back, they just replied, you don't want it anyway...' Any help would be appreciated. I have a Blackberry pearl 8130 with 4.3.0.66, it's a CDMA device.
    03-15-08 10:41 PM
    AWESOME what the search function yields. Just fixed mine too. I highly recommend "Search" before "Add a thread".
    03-18-08 11:20 PM
    A battery pull works for sooooo many issues
    03-18-08 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD