New to this forum posting stuff, so forgive me if I am not in the right place, but...I have the Pearl 8130. My bb messenger was working fine the first couple of days then went haywire. I try to add a contact and when I send the add message, it comes back to me as if I had sent it to myself. We have tried to add each other. I accept, it disappears from my pending but never ends up in my contacts. The contact accepts my request but it never shows up in my contacts. I have been able to add two contacts, but that is it. My second issue is that conversations disappear from my messenger. Whenever a contact tries to continue a conversation, say, the next day, the conversation disappears but the bb messenger icon stays on my display. When I try to get the message out of my messages folder, it'll bring the conversation back, but I can't get whatever was sent. I'm not sure what else to try from here. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!
    03-17-08 10:17 PM
    Try updating your service books by pushing them to yourself, if that doesn't work try re-registering your BB on the network, then try a hard reset by removing the battery while the phone is still on. After that you would want to take it to a Tech Support Location.
    03-17-08 10:45 PM
    Hmmm....okay, when you say "Try updating your service books..." you are referring to? Thanks for the help!
    03-27-08 10:00 PM
    He means try to log onto your BIS and resend your service books.

But I don't think that'll help. Try searching this on here. i think MAYBE you'll have to delete the app and add it back on. Not sure tho...
    03-27-08 10:03 PM
    How do you add the BBmessenger again once it's deleted??
    I deleted mine (had similar issues as above) and now when i go to blackberry.com/messenger it says that i dont meet system requirements to install it (the version on there is VERY old!). I dont know where else to get it from and i've even tried reinstalling the BB software.

Any ideas?
    03-28-08 07:55 AM
    I'm having the same problem on my phone as the OP as well. I try to add my wife (8300 curve) to my messenger (8310 Crimson Curve) and the request will come right back to me as if i sent it to myself. I resent the service books or whatever as others have suggested but that didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know?

-Chris
    03-28-08 09:31 AM
    I too am having the same problem...so i deleted BB messenger altogether and wanted to reinstall it and it says i dont meet the system requirements now! What the heck?
    03-28-08 02:31 PM
    You can't reinstall BBM over the air. You will need to download the device OS software for your model to your computer, and install it on your computer. Then you can use app loader to check the box for BBM to be reinstalled.
    03-28-08 02:34 PM
    I have the same problem I got a 8320, without the BB messenger. I have the same issue as haifaG
    12-04-08 08:57 PM
    Sunkast is right try reinstalling your OS again. Maybe upgrade to 4.5 if not already there.
    12-05-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD