Last night i tried downloading the IM app for my blackberry and it went into the reset mode and wont come out. i tried taking the battery out for 5 seconds and putting it back in but that doesnt work. can anyone help me?
    04-16-08 09:33 AM
    Search IM+ here, its a frequent problem, or... "how i unbricked my pearl"

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/im-...-8130-a-27592/
    04-16-08 09:33 AM
    ya kevin has a couple of solutions on here
    04-16-08 09:34 AM
    yeah do a search for how to reload your OS on your phone, if that doesnt work bring it to a verizon store, tell them you took it off the charger and this is what it was doing, dont mention the IM+ thing for warranty reasons.
    04-16-08 09:34 AM
    *ahem, I don't think verizon does sasktel phones
    04-16-08 09:36 AM
    *ahem, I don't think verizon does sasktel phones
    haha totally wasnt paying attention, saw 8130 and figured verizon woops
    04-16-08 09:38 AM
    04-16-08 09:40 AM
    so there is no quick fix for this? i have to take it into the phone place and get it fixed there?
    04-16-08 09:40 AM
    Unfortunately, unless reloading the OS works. let me try and find the thread.

Regarding Friday, April 11, 2008 IM+ Promotion.

Hey Htech,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles! Few things:

a) Send an email to [email protected] They are the publisher of the title and are the official support for that application when purchased via the store. Even if you get it fixed up, you should let them know of the difficulty so they can address it on their end. Shape Services is a very respected company from my knowledge.

b) If your BlackBerry is "nuked" from the software, which I hope it's not, but it sounds like for whatever reason that's happened here, your worst case scenario/FIX is going to be to reload the OS. Instructions for doing this are located here: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry

c) In terms of compatibility with your device, IM+ should have been ok. We're you really low on device memory when you installed? With an 8130 I don't think you'd be running a beta of a new OS4.5, but with the new betas floating around I have hear/seen that some apps can have issues. This is one of the things I have never come to fully understand yet with the BB. An application can install on a 1,000 devices without issue, and then on 1,001 you can run into this kind of problem. I've often wondered if it's caused by another 3rd party app being installed (some sort of conflict) or as mentioned above, low-memory issues. The BBOS really needs to have more checks and balances put in place on it.

d) I'm going to pull the "sale promotion" right now. To my knowledge there haven't been any problems today with any other downloads/installs, but even one is more than I like to ever see! I'll make sure you get a refund on the purchase as well. Again, and as stated in the blog post on the promotion, this was a one-day only thing done throughout the online software bbstores that normally carry this title (many sites offered this special pricing today), so it wasn't a shopcrackberry-only/initiated promotion. The intent here is obviously pass on the savings of what is typically a well-reviewed BlackBerry application. Just came across the other thread you mentioned and posted on that as well. Just saw that for the first time.

Again, I really am sorry for your frustrations. Hope you can get back up and running asap, and I'll send an email out shortly taking care to you taking care of a refund for this purchase.
    04-16-08 09:41 AM
    ok thanks. i have to be at school in 5 minutes so if you cant ill just do it at 12 or take it in.
    04-16-08 09:43 AM
    ok thanks. i have to be at school in 5 minutes so if you cant ill just do it at 12 or take it in.
    Bienvenido to CB...............................
    04-16-08 11:26 AM
    Thanks latina berry! and i tried that Wolff but once it comes up it says there are no files that can be used with this device......... :S
    04-16-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD