How do I access messages and call logs from a previous day?! I've had my pearl for 2 days now and find it hard to believe I have used so much memory that it is deleting "old" messages. I tried looking at a message I received yesterday and cannot find it. Is the memory seriously that small that I can't save messages a day? I have a 1GB media card installed, can messages be saved on that?
    06-23-08 02:00 PM
    Find out how much free memory you have by going to Options=> Status.

You cannot store messages on your media card - sorry. It truly is for media - photos, videos, ringtones, voice memos, etc. There are programs that will allow you to store applications on a media card, but from what I've read on CB, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    06-23-08 02:02 PM
    This is a common problem with the Pearl.

Look at the links in my sig about memory management, specifically Stoner's. That will help you a lot

AND Welcome to CB!
    06-23-08 02:03 PM
    I wouldn't think you would be losing all your stuff in only 2 days... As Abe suggested, please check your memoury and let us know what you are currently sitting at. Also, did you install any 3rd party apps to your device since you have had it? Are you properly closing out all apps when you are finished with them?
    06-23-08 02:05 PM
    I had installed a few apps, mostly google's and verizon's im program. I also realized I saved a few ringtones to the device rather than the media card. I moved those over to the media card and that seemed to free up some space. I also went through the list of the google apps and deleted the ones I don't think I'll use much. I'm up to a little over 16,000,000 free bytes now, so hopefully that helps. Thank you for your help!
    06-23-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD