All,

I searched and tried the various suggested fixes.

My 8130 constantly shows 1 unread message. This began shortly after I installed some 3rd party apps this morning. I installed AutoStandby, BB Smart Alarms Pro and Aerize Card Loader 2008. Each of those loaded with no problems.

Later, it reconciled with my email accounts. It showed 6 unread messages and that's how many there were. I read the various messages and deleted them. That's when the home screen began showing the 1 unread message constantly.

My efforts to fix so far:

Battery pull, unloaded the 3 new apps, went through Viigo and marked all unread alerts as read (doesn't run in background, I update channels when I want), left a voicemail and retrieved it, marked all messages in all folders as read, deleted all messages in all folders, upgraded to OS 4.5 (hadn't done this because device had no issues before).

Any thoughts on the next step to clear the unread message indicator?

Thanks
    12-02-08 11:10 AM
    I use the default today theme on mine. Mine used to show already read text messages under "Messages." But after a battery pull it was gone. The problem has not repeated after a carefully tweaked reinstall and restoration of only needed databases.

Sorry, that was no help.
    12-02-08 12:06 PM
    Do you possibly have a hidden message folder? On my berry I have my sms and email seperated so I have no need for my messages folder. I hide this folder but every once in a while I will get a PIN message which will only show there and I have to unhide and open it.
    12-02-08 12:43 PM
    it happened to me once. it was a stuck alert from when I did read a new message. I scrolled to the current date, hit menu, and selected delete all prior. That cleared the false alert notice. I would do a backup before you try this so you can restore your messages (and see if it comes back)
    12-02-08 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD